This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is headed to The Show?

This is the thread to talk about who is headed to Detroit this weekend now that Spring Training is ending tomorrow. That thread will be closed tomorrow and the 2022 run for The Trophy starts!

Here is the Active Roster from the Sox website as of tonight.

Active Roster | Chicago White Sox (mlb.com)
    It has more than 28 guys on it because it includes guys on the IL like Lynn and Crochet.

40 man roster:
    40-Man Roster | Chicago White Sox (mlb.com) this indicates who is in the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
      Here is the Active Roster from the Sox website as of tonight.

Active Roster | Chicago White Sox (mlb.com)
      It has more than 28 guys on it because it includes guys on the IL like Lynn and Crochet.

40 man roster:
      40-Man Roster | Chicago White Sox (mlb.com) this indicates who is in the minors.
      I don't see them bringing Zevala up to start the season. I think if he has to go through Waivers they'll take that chance. I can't believe they care if they lose him. He's not going to stick around when they reduce to 26 so he's gone one way or the other soon enough. Including Banks, that's 13 pitchers. Not sure what they do with Adolfo. If he hits at all the first month you'd have to send down Vaughn or Sheets to make room, but if he hits they could afford to do that and use him as DH also.
      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

I don't see them bringing Zevala up to start the season. I think if he has to go through Waivers they'll take that chance. I can't believe they care if they lose him. He's not going to stick around when they reduce to 26 so he's gone one way or the other soon enough. Including Banks, that's 13 pitchers. Not sure what they do with Adolfo. If he hits at all the first month you'd have to send down Vaughn or Sheets to make room, but if he hits they could afford to do that and use him as DH also.
        The rumors are that Adolfo is being shopped around, and if they can't deal him, they're going to DFA him.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Not sure what they do with Adolfo. If he hits at all the first month you'd have to send down Vaughn or Sheets to make room, but if he hits they could afford to do that and use him as DH also.
          Personally- if they can't trade Adolfo, I would consider using him as the RH DH vs. LHP for the month of April- and let Vaughn get every day at bats in Charlotte. Based on the April schedule, there's an ~80% probability that the starting pitcher will be RH- and I definitely want Sheets as my DH vs. RHP (.900 OPS vs. RHP in 2021), and I'd rather see Pollack/Engel in RF, especially with some potentially interesting weather conditions in April (avoid injury to Vaughn). A little extra depth in the outfield in case we have an April injury and maybe he creates a little extra trade value.
          #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Micker Adolfo OPS'ed over 1.200 during Spring Training and this may be his peak trade value. If the Sox truly do not believe he is a major league player, they should trade him now before that OPS goes down.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post

Personally- if they can't trade Adolfo, I would consider using him as the RH DH vs. LHP for the month of April- and let Vaughn get every day at bats in Charlotte. Based on the April schedule, there's an ~80% probability that the starting pitcher will be RH- and I definitely want Sheets as my DH vs. RHP (.900 OPS vs. RHP in 2021), and I'd rather see Pollack/Engel in RF, especially with some potentially interesting weather conditions in April (avoid injury to Vaughn). A little extra depth in the outfield in case we have an April injury and maybe he creates a little extra trade value.
              I tend to agree with this, although Vaughn's strong spring might force them to keep him on the roster.

If Adolfo is on the team though, I think he would be in RF over Pollock. I haven't seen him play much, but by all indications he is strong defensively, and has a cannon for an arm (Pollock's arm is supposedly pretty weak). Also despite being 10 years younger than Pollock, I'm pretty sure Adolfo has a lot more experience in RF. Pollock could move to LF with Eloy DH'ing.

That said, there are reports that the Sox are trying hard to move Adolfo before opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                Micker Adolfo OPS'ed over 1.200 during Spring Training and this may be his peak trade value. If the Sox truly do not believe he is a major league player, they should trade him now before that OPS goes down.
                Has anyone said they think he's not a ML player, just curious as I would hate to give up on him so soon unless he can bring us someone like a decent starting pitcher.
                Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Has anyone said they think he's not a ML player, just curious as I would hate to give up on him so soon unless he can bring us someone like a decent starting pitcher.
                  Nobody has said that he can't eventually be an MLB player, but the worry is that he probably is not ready to be an MLB player right now, on a contending team. The problem is that he is out of options, and if the Sox waive him, he likely wouldn't get past the first team that has a shot at him (the Orioles). A rebuilding team wouldn't mind sticking him in the OF every day to see if he develops - they can live with the 40% K rate.

Here's a summary of the situation from MLBTR: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...er-adolfo.html
                  Last edited by ChiTownTrojan; 04-06-2022, 02:35 PM.

Comment

If the Sox can't trade Adolfo before the season begins, I would carry him on the active roster or disabled list for a few weeks and continue to try to deal him. The man can hit. Getting something for him is better than just cutting him loose.

2022 Sox Attendance Tracker: 10-6
                    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 310-259
                    Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                      If the Sox can't trade Adolfo before the season begins, I would carry him on the active roster or disabled list for a few weeks and continue to try to deal him. The man can hit. Getting something for him is better than just cutting him loose.
                      The kid is huge, strong and reasonably athletic considering his build. I hate to keep repeating myself, but his swing is about as long as they get and he doesn't walk a ton. Some team may value his 40 HR potential, but his trade value is very cloudy to me. May just want to hold onto him out of the gates and see if he can mash some with an MLB hitting coach. Not like you lose a ton of trade ammo if he tanks.

Comment

Anybody know what the weather is supposed to be like in Detroit this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                          Anybody know what the weather is supposed to be like in Detroit this weekend?
                          Google is your friend.
                          https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/de...t/348755?day=3

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                            Excuse the hell out of me for asking the question. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience I caused you. I swear on all that is holy I won't bother asking questions like this at any time in the future since I now realize your time is soooooooooo precious and valuable.

Regarding the weather it looks like at least one of the games isn't going to be played and that suits me just fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X