Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox trade Kimbrel for AJ Pollock

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...27350284169217

I hope this isn't an April Fools joke, but reports are the White Sox have traded Craig Kimbrel to the Dodgers for AJ Pollock

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1509926188097151002

Comment

From the looks of it this is real, from Passan:

Kimbrel has been traded to the Dodgers for AJ Pollack.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...YyW-oeytiVmV8A

Comment

If true, solid mitigation.

Comment

My initial thoughts are that I like this a lot. An actual OF! Who can hit, too!

Eloy/Robert/Pollock is a really good OF. One of the best in the league.

Comment

We dump Kimbrel AND get a legit veteran outfielder? Seems like a win-win.

Comment

I doubted that Hahn could pull this off, and I criticized him heavily for picking up that option on Kimbrel. I'm eating crow now. Well done.

Comment

Pollock is definitely an upgrade. That said, he hasn’t played any RF in recent years - mostly in center but increasingly in left of late.

He’s a RH hitter but he still has a career .802 OPS v. RHP.

Comment

Pollock's career splits: .802 OPS vs. RHP, .859 vs. LHP.
                  In 2021: .902 vs. RHP, .872 vs. LHP.

So even though he's right-handed, he should help the Sox problem against RHP.

Comment

Keep him healthy and we got a terriffic piece and save some deadline deal money

Comment

Seems like a pretty good trade.

Comment

I have to imagine that acquiring Pollock means this is probably the end of the road for Adolfo (unless he goes unclaimed by another team and agrees to stay with the Sox on a minor league contract), and also probably that Vaughn starts the year in Charlotte.

Comment

Love the trade. Pollack still is playing at a high level and can still hit vs RHP and play all 3 OF positions. I didn't want Kimbrel as a non closer anyways. Sox have a really good OF with Vaughn, Sheets and Engel backing up and getting ABs at DH.

Comment

I like this trade. Sox lose Kimbrel's uncertainty and gain an outfielder who can rake when he's on the field. The only knock on Pollock has been health over his career. A left handed hitter would have been preferred but Pollock doesn't have dramatic RHP/LHP splits. Stat line is very similar regardless of "handedness".

Comment

I like it.
                              "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                              -- Thucydides

Comment

Working...
                              X