Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Spring roster moves

Today's moves

Sox also announced a broken hamate bone for Yermin. Out 6-8 weeks. I imagine he'll probably be moved to the 60-day IL to clear a roster spot... not that I'm confident the Sox are going to add anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
      Sox also announced a broken hamate bone for Yermin. Out 6-8 weeks. I imagine he'll probably be moved to the 60-day IL to clear a roster spot... not that I'm confident the Sox are going to add anyone.
      What's strange is that some people apparently had him penciled in as the left fielder. Um, what about Eloy? Even with all of his shortcomings, I don't think he's moving out of there.

Comment

Carlos Perez's demotion is notable, TLR was saying that he had a shot to make the team as the backup C, since he's possibly the best defensive catcher in the organization. They're keeping Nick Ciuffo around as the 4th catcher in big league camp, I'm guessing because he's more of a "veteran" at 27 years old and having already had a cup of coffee in the majors (56 total plate appearances spread over 3 stints with TB and BAL).

My guess is they're going to start the year off with Zavala as the backup C since he's out of options, but at some point they'll decide he's not worth the effort, and they'll waive him. Then it will come down to who they think is the better fit between Collins and Perez (Perez could take Zavala's spot on the 40 man).

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

What's strange is that some people apparently had him penciled in as the left fielder. Um, what about Eloy? Even with all of his shortcomings, I don't think he's moving out of there.
          Who was penciling him as the LF?

Best case scenario is the Sox can trade him to a rebuilding team that could give him a run as a DH. There's really no path left for Yermin in Chicago.

Comment

How, ahem, "convenient."

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Eloy is the main LF guy in the team. Many of the shortcomings we saw up to the moment he tore apart his Pectoral this time last year have been overcome. He was a much better fielder when he came back (yes, he made one or two stupid plays, but I'm sure so did Willie Mays), but I have zero concerns about Eloy in LF.

Comment

On the one year anniversary of the Sox announcing Eloy's injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                  Eloy is the main LF guy in the team. Many of the shortcomings we saw up to the moment he tore apart his Pectoral this time last year have been overcome. He was a much better fielder when he came back (yes, he made one or two stupid plays, but I'm sure so did Willie Mays), but I have zero concerns about Eloy in LF.
                  The only concern with him playing LF is the risky of injury.

Comment

Willie probably made one or two stupid plays in his entire career. How many times already has Eloy been on the IL because of "stupid plays" in just the last two years?

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Willie probably made one or two stupid plays in his entire career. How many times already has Eloy been on the IL because of "stupid plays" in just the last two years?
                      My point is that since the big one last year, he has shown to be a different player. At the time he came back, he said he spent the time off studying and learning how to play the position. It appears he learned.

Comment

My point is that since the big one last year, he has shown to be a different player. At the time he came back, he said he spent the time off studying and learning how to play the position. It appears he learned.
                        I thought your point was that Eloy played the OF last season as well as Willie Mays.
                        (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

I think there's some truth to that belief but we'll see what happens over a longer track record.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

I think there's some truth to that belief but we'll see what happens over a longer track record.
                            Wake me after he retires.

Comment

Eloy did look better. He'll never be a defensive star but if Eloy can be an adequate LFer who doesn't play reckless but hits >35 HRs and bats >.270 we got something.

Comment

Working...
                              X