Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrissey weighs in on Tatis, Sox

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-s...-james-shields
    Says it's possible to be happy and angry at the same time.

The only thing I'm mad about was watching James Fields be a batting practice pitcher in his time with the Sox, he had a bright spot here and there but Jerry Reinsdorf should have been more forceful in nixing the trade. Tatis is doing great but I'm happy with Moncada at 3rd base and fine with the team that we are seeing right now that most likely be a playoff team for at least the next 7 years and hopefully longer.
    If anyone should be angry, it's the Cubs (and their fans) who traded us 2 guys who will be making a lot of headlines in the years to come.
    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-20-2020, 01:23 PM.
    Batting in the second position for the White Sox, number 2, the second baseman Nelson Fox.

Comment

Imagine if they had Tatis, Semien, and Anderson. Three shortstops. One guy could play shallow left to help Eloy cover more ground, one would play straight SS, and one guy would play on the infield grass and take the bunt out of the equation.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
        Imagine if they had Tatis, Semien, and Anderson. Three shortstops. One guy could play shallow left to help Eloy cover more ground, one would play straight SS, and one guy would play on the infield grass and take the bunt out of the equation.
        Robert says "I got that."

Comment

My niece loves Frozen, and she really likes to preach about letting stuff go. Perspective from a four year old is nice.

Comment

To me, I feel like had this not happened, the Sox still would've been spinning their wheels in mediocrity, trying to win now. With how bad this looked, maybe this triggered the higher ups to finally realize their approach wasn't working and to start from scratch. We'll see what the new guys bring to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
              To me, I feel like had this not happened, the Sox still would've been spinning their wheels in mediocrity, trying to win now. With how bad this looked, maybe this triggered the higher ups to finally realize their approach wasn't working and to start from scratch. We'll see what the new guys bring to the table.
              Are you saying the Sox knew they had made a huge mistake trading Tatis at the time they initiated the Sale-Quintana-Eaton tear down? Or are you referring to the James Shields disappointment?

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.
              One position player Gold Glove in the last 21 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FourGoldGloves View Post

Are you saying the Sox knew they had made a huge mistake trading Tatis at the time they initiated the Sale-Quintana-Eaton tear down? Or are you referring to the James Shields disappointment?
                Probably the Shields disappointment, plus you had Eaton and Frazier beefing with each other and the whole LaRoche thing. That year was a clucking disaster looking back at it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
                  This is how I feel. Could be wrong but I think that trade is what led to the rebuild and Hahn making the Sale, Eaton, and Giolito deals. It's very possible that if the Sox didn't make the Tatis/Shields move then Yoan, Eloy, Kopech, Cease, Giolito, Lopez, and Dunning aren't here now.

Comment

The trade was and is inexcusable. The rebuild #2 probably wouldn't have been necessary, but for front office clowning instead of serious work in rebuild #1. That said, they've done a good job in rebuild #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                      That said, they've done a good job in rebuild #2.
                      Things are looking better now. I realize that injuries play a role, but it would be nice if we were getting more from our 2014-2017 top draft picks (Rodon, Fulmer, Collins, Burdi, Hansen, Burger, Sheets). Just getting positive contributions from Burdi (so far, so good), Rodon, and Collins, could push this club over the top this year and next.

As for Tatis, there will always be the tang of vomit in the back of my mouth, but at least he’s in the distant NL West.

Comment

Working...
                      X