X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/19 Dunning Does His Duty, Then Comes the Power Postgamer

Let's go for the sweep tomorrow.

Dunning can stay.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Great team effort on a night they could have rolled over. TA makes an impact. Got a win using the lower half of the bullpen to hold a tie until the bats could wake up. Nice to see EE starting to find his stroke. Glad they didn't bench him or do something more reactionary when he was struggling earlier this year.

Twinkies getting smacked around by Milwaukee 8-1 bottom 8th. If that holds the Sox are 3-games over 2 games back.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Jose Abreu....still the most underappreciated member of the White Sox. Clutch hit to give us the lead for the 9th.

Comment

Let’s hope Dunning feels good tomorrow. They could skip his spot next time around (off day) or they could push everyone back a day and let him face PIT.

Comment

Dane and Mize had fairly similar nights. Both are fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
              Jose Abreu....still the most underappreciated member of the White Sox. Clutch hit to give us the lead for the 9th.
              He’s is just such a good player. You can see the respect he commands on this team. Between him, the signing of Keuchel, and the growth and development of TA, this team has some leadership for these young players. Just gotta find that right system for them. This team is so young and talented. Just need good health and mental preparedness for a great next 5-10 years.

Comment

Dunning looked good before his arm tired out. I didn't think he should have come back for the 5th, and it sounded like Stone thought the same thing. Mize looked like he's not going to be fun to face.

Good to see EE's bat start to wake up, loved his cement mixer motion before his first HR.

Comment

I thought Collins had a nice game. And for a guy who figured to be the team's third-string second baseman, Mendick has played well. Foster is beginning to remind me of Keith Foulke.

2020 Sox Attendance Tracker: 0-0
                  All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 286-247
                  Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Detroit is not a good team, hot start notwithstanding. But we have to beat who is on the schedule, and the Sox - though flawed - are better.

Stone pointed out that Dunning’s arm “elastic strength” isn’t yet there, which accounts for his lack of stamina. The fact that for four innings he matched one of the top prospects is baseball in a pitchers duel evidences his long term potential.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                      Dunning looked good before his arm tired out.
                      I thought the first of the two balls hit at his face shook him a little bit and took off some of his edge, more physically than mentally perhaps. Under the circumstances, with the level of adrenaline he must have been pumping throughout, I was impressed with his composure under fire, literally.

Four Sox Gold Gloves in 1960.
                      One position player Gold Glove in the last 21 years.

Comment

Just thinking what a great pitching coach Steve Stone might have been . but then again, i'm glad that he's on the White Sox broadcast team, as i'm a big fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
                          Just thinking what a great pitching coach Steve Stone might have been . but then again, i'm glad that he's on the White Sox broadcast team, as i'm a big fan.
                          Just because he does a great job of analyzing mechanics and techniques does not mean he can communicate to a player the how and when of pitching. I'm not saying he does not have those skills, but that is critical for being an effective coach.

Comment

Great debut by Dunning. If he proves to be a solid MLB starter, that's a huge plus for the future of this team. I'd love to have a successful Dunning join Giolito, Cease, Keuchel, and eventually Kopech as our 5 best options for starters next year.

The bullpen has been most impressive so far this year. Matt Foster seems to have come out of nowhere to look pretty good so far.

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                            He's underappreciated by *some* Sox fans. Most of us realize the value he brings to this team.

Comment

Working...
                            X