Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Les Grobstein

https://www.robertfeder.com/2022/01/...ein-1952-2022/
    Farewell to the man we knew around here as Grobber33.

Horrible news.
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

That’s so sad. RIP Grobner, I’ll always remember the banter here, but also the Lee Elia interview is just baseball lore. Spent many a days listening to him. Condolences to the family.

Comment

Sorry to read about this. Did a long interview with him for WSI in the past and sent him some audio material out of my White Sox library in exchange for his time.

He was an out and out Cub fan (I remember his rant on Chicago Tribune Live! the day after the Sox won the World Series) but always seemed to acknowledge that generally the Sox would put a better product on the field.
        Last edited by Lipman 1; 01-17-2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

(Mods, feel free to move if this is not the right board.) Sad to hear about this. He was a fixture in the Chicago sports media scene and still had a regular show on The Score at night. I remember Grobber mixing it up with some of us on this WSI board back in the day. Condolences to his family:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/1/...ost-dead-at-69

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            Sorry to read about this. Did a long interview with him for WSI in the past and sent him some audio material out of my White Sox library in exchange for his time.

He was an out and out Cub fan (I remember his rant on Chicago Tribune Live! the day after the Sox wo the World Series) but always seemed to acknowledge that generally the Sox would put a better product on the field.
            Despite his love of the Cubs, I always felt he at least gave the Sox a fair shake. I also respected him for being honest about his fandom. Many in the local media would claim to be unbiased but it was obvious which team they preferred and grew up rooting for. Les was also a walking encyclopedia of Chicago sports knowledge.

Comment

A great sports mind, gone too young. RIP Les.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                https://www.robertfeder.com/2022/01/...ein-1952-2022/
                Farewell to the man we knew around here as Grobber33.
                Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember him as the voice of Sports Phone.
                Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 01-17-2022, 02:30 PM.
                Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Wow, terrible news. I remember him back during WLS's Larry Lujack/Steve Dahl era and also as a poster here during WSI's heyday. I hate hearing about people being found dead in their home - it makes me wonder if they could have been given life-saving aid if they were with someone.
                  White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Les loved his Cubbies, but Atleast he had the big brain for Chicago sports in general which made him an interesting chap in conversation and verbal ball busting. It’s a shame he left us much to soon. Rest In Peace Grobber.

BK59

Comment

My favorite host on the score. I listened to him for 7 years when I lived out east. He was a welcome voice from home.

Comment

Grobber always hustled on behalf of his listeners. A rare bird gone.

Comment

Working...
                        X