X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giolito in the Semi-Finals of The Show - Players League

FB link to the final out of the previous game:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=281933902806062
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

He lost to Blake Snell getting swept in the best of 5 championship series...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...wmq-story.html
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Congrats Gio on getting to the finals. Did anyone watch any of these?

Comment

I tried to watch a few games. I don't understand the culture of watching other people playing video games, TBH. It's not for me.

Comment

Gio threw too many strikes... Snell barely threw strikes. He knows how to play the game, only throwing strikes occasionally so you get a lot more weak contact. Gio said he just learned how to play the game, so that's pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
            Gio threw too many strikes... Snell barely threw strikes. He knows how to play the game, only throwing strikes occasionally so you get a lot more weak contact. Gio said he just learned how to play the game, so that's pretty good!
            Giolito did an interview on Fegan's podcast a week or two ago. I learned his dad used to work for Electronic Arts (maybe still does?), which if you weren't aware makes basically all the major sports games except the MLB one. He talked about how he grew up playing video games and demoing games when they were still being made.

Comment

I watched the Giolito-Snell series. I don’t play video games and haven’t paid attention to them since my son played them on the Xbox (probably 10 years ago), and the graphics have really come a long way since then.

But yeah, Lucas got smoked.

Comment

Working...
              X