Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 8/15 Game 2 Bad fielding, bad pitching, bad hitting STL 6 SOX 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 8/15 Game 2 Bad fielding, bad pitching, bad hitting STL 6 SOX 3 Postgamer

    This team needs to practice more. Lots more.

  • #2
    This team needs some heads to roll.

    Comment


    • #3
      It’s a garbage MLB season perfect for showing what the Sox need to do to get better this offseason. Try not to get too invested.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why see what Flores has when you can keep putting Steve Cishek out there?

        Just an embarrassing effort all around.

        Comment


        • #5
          Anderson, Moncada, Grandal, and Abreu were 0-20 today.

          Outside of Keuchel, Hahn’s big FA signings are stealing money.

          Comment


          • #6
            What they need is almost the same list they needed last season, amazingly.

            A new manager and some new coaches.
            A #1 starter.
            A right fielder.
            A DH (though the guy impersonating a LF would make a good one).
            A solid veteran reliever.

            The big splurge they didn’t desperately need — Grandal — has been outplayed by the guy whose job he took, and seems to lack McCann’s leadership skills.

            Comment


            • #7
              Small sample sizes and quality of opponents, yes, but the Sox were 5-0 with Nick Madrigal, and are now 5-11 without him.
              Last edited by Frater Perdurabo; 08-15-2020, 06:22 PM. Reason: I forgot how to add

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MrX View Post
                Anderson, Moncada, Grandal, and Abreu were 0-20 today.

                Outside of Keuchel, Hahn’s big FA signings are stealing money.
                At least we got EE and Gio Gonzalez! And Cuthbert and Goins!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                  Small sample sizes and quality of opponents, yes, but the Sox were 5-0 with Nick Madrigal, and are now 5-12 without him.
                  He also didn’t do a damn thing in 4 of those 5 games. Not buying this one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

                    He also didn’t do a damn thing in 4 of those 5 games. Not buying this one.
                    He played good defense, which helped the pitchers.

                    Both Cardinals‘ big innings today were aided by lousy Sox defense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Gio and Moncadas regression is alarming.
                      Renteria is not a winner, never has. One Chicago team was smart enough to realize that, and one likes that he’s a yes man

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by A. Cavatica View Post
                        What they need is almost the same list they needed last season, amazingly.

                        A new manager and some new coaches.
                        A #1 starter.
                        A right fielder.
                        A DH (though the guy impersonating a LF would make a good one).
                        A solid veteran reliever.
                        As for the DH situation, here’s one way to do it:

                        v. LHP: Abreu DH/1B, Vaughn DH/1B Grandal C

                        v. RHP: Vaughn DH, Grandal C/1B, Collins C/1B

                        Basically you’re platooning Abreu and Collins, without having to DH your catcher.

                        Go out and spend the big dollars on a LH hitting RF.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

                          As for the DH situation, here’s one way to do it:

                          v. LHP: Abreu DH/1B, Vaughn DH/1B Grandal C

                          v. RHP: Vaughn DH, Grandal C/1B, Collins C/1B

                          Basically you’re platooning Abreu and Collins, without having to DH your catcher.

                          Go out and spend the big dollars on a LH hitting RF.
                          Jose Abreu is not sitting after that extension.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mohoney View Post

                            Jose Abreu is not sitting after that extension.
                            Well, yeah, but only because this organization lives by the principle that it’s better to keep the owner’s favorites locked up well beyond the point they begin declining, and continue playing them daily.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kittle42 View Post
                              It’s a garbage MLB season perfect for showing what the Sox need to do to get better this offseason. Try not to get too invested.
                              Reinsdorf has already said the team is losing money, the Sox will not be spenders this offseason, which is frustrating because it means they won't be plugging the holes they have.

                              Also, has anyone else noticed Giolito's velocity is down this season?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X