Reopened Archiving threads from the old WSI forum new link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post
    I have archived the 1st two "Predict the Cubune Headline" threads.

Hilarious stuff there. Also, it's amazing to see what a hatchet job the Trib was doing to the Sox season in August and Sept. 2005 as I kept coming across posts where people said "oh wait, that's a real headline" Lots of obsession about attendance and fawning over Wrigley Field by the local media as the Sox marched to a wire-to-wire title.
    WHEW! It took a while, but I archived the other "Cubune" threads. It would be a shame to see all that comedy gold die. Besides, the longest running thread in the history of the board should be preserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy John View Post

WHEW! It took a while, but I archived the other "Cubune" threads. It would be a shame to see all that comedy gold die. Besides, the longest running thread in the history of the board should be preserved.
      Great! Make sure to enter the link to the archived threads on the Google Docs spreadsheet that's linked at the beginning of this thread.

Comment

Great! Make sure to enter the link to the archived threads on the Google Docs spreadsheet that's linked at the beginning of this thread.
        I didn't think of that.

EDIT: Looks like someone archived them before me. Oh. I guess I should've checked the google doc. Well, some of them were showing as incomplete. They are all complete now.
        Last edited by Tommy John; 05-16-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy John View Post

I didn't think of that.

EDIT: Looks like someone archived them before me. Oh. I guess I should've checked the google doc. Well, some of them were showing as incomplete. They are all complete now.
          Not sure if it was you or someone else, but somebody marked a bunch of threads yes but didn't add a new link, and I wasn't able to figure them out...

Comment

To clarify, did someone archive the Cubune Mock Headlines Volume 9 and 10? I see above that all were archived, but I only see the links on the spreadsheet for vol. 1-8. Are there links to the archived version 9 and 10? If not, I can try to take care of 9 and 10 if I have time.

I read through those old posts. Funny stuff - especially the 2005 WS run. After that, not as great but still some gems in there. Amazing how many times someone posted a supposedly mock headline only to say "oh wait, that's the real headline!" I had forgotten the local media's fixation on Ligue and Dybas. Geez, how many years did it take the entire Sox fan base to finally live down those 2 morons in the eyes of the local press? I had also forgotten the Trib's "pot fumes around The Cell" expose at the start of the 2005 playoffs. Wow.
            Last edited by GoSoxMMV; 05-18-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
              Question, voodoo. When you wrote "Why?" in the Google Doc, are you asking why it's not accessible (in which case, they're in baseball forums and thus, still should be accessible and I misread that as being in the Clubhouse) or why do I want to save them (in which case, there was one hilarious post in the Bonds thread that showed a convo between Sox higher-ups if Bonds had signed here, and saving the Cubs thread is less about them than posters tearing apart the supposed attendance figures for their parade)? If you don't think they're worth saving, I won't make an issue out of it.
              Those threads have been moved. If you all want to archive them they are available in the Sox Clubhouse for you to do so. Not my cup of tea but I don't want to stand between fans and things they want to remember.

FYI, we have about 10 days left on this if it makes it all they way to 6/1 so if you want more threads moved list them soon so you have time. I can guarantee when 6/1 gets here it's all gone forever other than what is archived.
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Pretty much everything that's been added to the list so far has been archived by somebody, so good job everybody! I might dig through some more to find other stuff that might be interesting historically - early thoughts on the rebuild? Appreciation threads for some prominent players? Etc, and I encourage anybody who wants to to help (bonus being many of those are in the Clubhouse so wouldn't even require moving). When this is all done maybe we can reorganize the spreadsheet or get a webpage or something to keep track of the history...

Comment

Frank's 400th HR? Thome's 500th? Hawk appreciation night? Konerko Appreciation night? Might be some old 9/11 threads in the Roadhouse way back there before we banned politics.

Anything you need moved just add it to the list I'm checking it a few times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                    Frank's 400th HR? Thome's 500th? Hawk appreciation night? Konerko Appreciation night? Might be some old 9/11 threads in the Roadhouse way back there before we banned politics.

Anything you need moved just add it to the list I'm checking it a few times a day.
                    I added the Thome 500th HR thread to the spreadsheet as a request to move it to where I can archive it.

Comment

I added the Thome 500th HR thread to the spreadsheet as a request to move it to where I can archive it.
                      I need the link to the thread. I don't know where that thread is. If you find it, I'll move it.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

I need the link to the thread. I don't know where that thread is. If you find it, I'll move it.
                        I found it. It's already in the Clubhouse, so no need to move it. I added the link to the spreadsheet, but have not yet archived the thread.

I actually found another thread that was a countdown to 500, but it wasn't that good. Someone was actually complaining in that one that more Sox wins that September may ruin our chance to draft Carson Fulmer!

Comment

Someone was actually complaining in that one that more Sox wins that September may ruin our chance to draft Carson Fulmer!

Comment

Working...
                          X