Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Rodon Performance in Game 4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carlos Rodon Performance in Game 4

    Anyone else notice Rodon going to the locker room after the first and second inning? Anyone see Rodon in a full sweatshirt between innings. Anyone see him eating a couple of apples in the dugout? I just wonder something.

    I wonder if Rodon may be diabetic? I've never seen a player eating something like that in a ballgame. I wonder if this may explain something regarding his reduced velocity and tiredness at the end of the season?

  • #2
    I've noticed him eating fruit in past games, but never thought about diabetes. i thought it was probably nervous energy, sometimes people eat when they're nervous or anxious.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bird Of Prey View Post
      Anyone else notice Rodon going to the locker room after the first and second inning? Anyone see Rodon in a full sweatshirt between innings. Anyone see him eating a couple of apples in the dugout? I just wonder something.

      I wonder if Rodon may be diabetic? I've never seen a player eating something like that in a ballgame. I wonder if this may explain something regarding his reduced velocity and tiredness at the end of the season?
      If Carlos is a diabetic, are you going to blame that condition on LaRussa or Reinsdorf?

      2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
      Posts on old WSI: 7344

      Comment


      • #4
        Carlos Rodon is on a first-name basis with many medical professionals, to make a dramatic understatement. I'm sure if he were diabetic, he would know it by now, his diabetes would be under control, and it would not impact his performance on the field. I worry about his arm issue, not his pancreas.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chez View Post

          If Carlos is a diabetic, are you going to blame that condition on LaRussa or Reinsdorf?
          No. I just found it to be curious. The guy went into the clubhouse twice in each inning. He wore a very heavy sweatshirt between innings. And I've never seen any player eating anything during a ball game. It just seemed strange to me. I blame a lot of **** on the two *******s that you mentioned, though. And they deserve all of the **** that comes at them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
            Carlos Rodon is on a first-name basis with many medical professionals, to make a dramatic understatement. I'm sure if he were diabetic, he would know it by now, his diabetes would be under control, and it would not impact his performance on the field. I worry about his arm issue, not his pancreas.
            Well, I just am spit balling with what I said. But it was pretty curious. As for diabetes being under control, I've know where sometimes diabetics blood sugar can rise and fall unexpectedly

            Comment


            • #7
              Was there a Serpent nearby?

              Comment


              • #8
                Golfers eat a snack every few holes. It's not a bad idea. Even in the day, our coaches would have us eat oranges between games of a doubleheader.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                  Golfers eat a snack every few holes. It's not a bad idea. Even in the day, our coaches would have us eat oranges between games of a doubleheader.
                  First of all, Ken, golf is not a sport have you ever seen a pitcher eating anything in a game in which he is pitching? I haven't and I have never seen any player every do it let alone a pitcher at any level.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                    Was there a Serpent nearby?
                    Yes there was. The serpent's name was Dustoff Rusty Baker

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ive never paid enough attention to see players eat in dugout but remember watching players smoke there during games.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Noneck View Post
                        Ive never paid enough attention to see players eat in dugout but remember watching players smoke there during games.
                        Didn’t Dick Allen famously eat a hot dog before an at bat?

                        And didn’t Babe Ruth often cross the street to McCuddy’s for a cold one between innings?

                        Lucas Giolito pounds Red Bulls between innings.

                        The idea that Rodon eating an apple is somehow suspicious is patently absurd.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Apple pectin does interesting things with saliva.

                          Really, though, modern sports medicine and nutrition is big on specific caloric intake during competition. We don't think about pitchers as athletes, but the energy needs to maintained and replaced for them just like any athlete's. Good fructose sugars are something I talk to my kids about a lot.

                          That or he was just snacky.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bird Of Prey View Post

                            First of all, Ken, golf is not a sport have you ever seen a pitcher eating anything in a game in which he is pitching? I haven't and I have never seen any player every do it let alone a pitcher at any level.
                            Don't guys eat sunflower seeds and other simple snack food like that regularly? An apple isn't exactly a big meal. Even a big apple will have well under 200 calories and I assume Carlos' diet is well over 3K a day.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Pitchers have thrown on a warmup jacket or sweatshirt/hoodie in the dugout in between innings for decades.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X