This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* ALDS Game 4 This Season is Ovah Postgamer

Hey, it was still a hell of a year. That said, lots of areas to address this offseason, and lots of reflection on how to approach these moments is coming.

Has TLR announced his retirement yet?

This team was outstanding in the first half, played mediocre in the 2nd half and were simply outhit, outpitched and outclassed by the Astros in this playoff series.
    If the Sox are to advance in the playoffs in the future there needs to be some retooling at 2B and RF plus some evaluation of guys like Eloy, he has really regressed after starting off pretty good after his injury. Moncada is a great fielder at third but we need more production from him. Jose looked pretty tired at times and will have to DH more next year whether he likes it or not. I love Rodon but he`s a big question mark and I`ll be shocked if any team signs him for more than a year. Kimbrel should be sent back to Wrigley Field. Kopech has to become a pitcher, not a thrower. Should be an interesting off-season.
    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 10-12-2021, 06:19 PM.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Although i guess i knew deep down that they wouldn't get passed the first round, it's still frustrating . my nephew here is so angry, but i'm just sad and disappointed . and also worried, because if some things are not changed, then we may have to live through this all over again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
        Has TLR announced his retirement yet?

This team was outstanding in the first half, played mediocre in the 2nd half and were simply outhit, outpitched and outclassed by the Astros.
        Quite the opposite actually.
        https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/stat...FwAkjBytQ&s=19

Comment

The Sox were competitive for one-and-a-half out of four games in this series.
          My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

No excuses. No finger-pointing. Quite simply, the better team won the series. Congrats to Houston. We will be back.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Disappointing end to the season. The Sox have a lot of off season work to do that's for sure.

But...

You can't overstate the accomplishments this season.

93 wins despite injury after injury after injury after injury, a divisional title, consecutive winning seasons for the first time since 2003-2006, consecutive playoff appearances for the first time in the 120 years of the franchise and they went 5-1 against the Cubs.

Again not skipping over just how badly they played against Houston nor the fact that TLR's post season playoff record as Sox manager is now 2-6, but to think the entire season was "wasted" for wont of a better word, would also be wrong in my opinion.

Comment

Comment in the game thread about Kopech needing to become a pitcher was spot on. He's a somewhat more talented version of Codi Heuer to this point. Near great stuff, but he can't throw it anywhere in the strike zone and not expect it to get hit He and Katz have work to do this winter. Both their halos have slipped some.
                If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                  Disappointing end to the season. The Sox have a lot of off season work to do that's for sure.

But...

You can't overstate the accomplishments this season.

93 wins despite injury after injury after injury after injury, a divisional title, consecutive winning seasons for the first time since 2003-2006, consecutive playoff appearances for the first time in the 120 years of the franchise and they went 5-1 against the Cubs.

Again not skipping over just how badly they played against Houston nor the fact that TLR's post season playoff record as Sox manager is now 2-6, but to think the entire season was "wasted" for wont of a better word, would also be wrong in my opinion.
                  Pinch me. Lip being positive?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                    If TLR is back, I predict that Hahn walks.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

If TLR is back, I predict that Hahn walks.
                      Hawk is waiting in the wings. Fits the Reinsdorf model.
                      If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

I wish I could be optimistic about next season, but I'm not. Houston exposed so many deficiencies:

1. Inconsistent hitting
                        2. Inferior starting pitching
                        3. No DH
                        4. No 2nd basement (Thanks Hahn, appreciate that)
                        5. No right fielder (it's a tradition on the South side)
                        6. A catcher with a noodle arm

We played in a very weak division, but unless we score some big signings, 2021 is the high water mark for this team.

Comment

It hurts, but if lessons are learned, it's a next step. The rebuild mantra was "compete in '21." Most of the club is young. Green fields lie ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                            It hurts, but if lessons are learned, it's a next step. The rebuild mantra was "compete in '21." Most of the club is young. Green fields lie ahead.
                            Yep, lotsa lessons learned. Hopefully next season they become the thumpers and not the thumped.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by soxfanatlanta View Post
                              I wish I could be optimistic about next season, but I'm not. Houston exposed so many deficiencies:

1. Inconsistent hitting
                              2. Inferior starting pitching
                              3. No DH
                              4. No 2nd basement (Thanks Hahn, appreciate that)
                              5. No right fielder (it's a tradition on the South side)
                              6. A catcher with a noodle arm

We played in a very weak division, but unless we score some big signings, 2021 is the high water mark for this team.

I agree with most of this. There are SO many holes to fill that it feels damn near impossible. I don't know why the offense is so inconsistent but we need to find some more bats for sure. Not to mention a true pitching ace. I'd add a completely fragile bullpen to your list as well. Houston just beat the hell out of us in a way that should be eye opening for the front office...we're nowhere near as close as it may have seemed.

Comment

Working...
                              X