Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Sox Dave confronts John Cusack

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • White Sox Dave confronts John Cusack

    https://twitter.com/barstoolchicago/...eohUIZ-1w&s=19
    I'm no fan of Cusack waffling on allegiances, but this just looks weak and desperate on Dave's part.

  • #2
    Who gives a **** if Cusack is a guy who is a "Chicago" baseball fan and can enjoy both teams? It's not my cup of tea- but "White Sox Dave" comes across like a desperate tool- while Cusack comes across like a knowledgeable, long time fan.
    #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
      Who gives a **** if Cusack is a guy who is a "Chicago" baseball fan and can enjoy both teams? It's not my cup of tea- but "White Sox Dave" comes across like a desperate tool- while Cusack comes across like a knowledgeable, long time fan.
      WSD has a problem with Cusack jumping ship on the Sox when they were at their lowest, and becoming a Cubs fan during their run. While I agree that's a ****ty thing to do as a fan, frankly I just don't give a ****, it doesn't affect me one way or another.

      In general, I'm all in favor of any Cubs fans hopping on the bandwagon, if only because it could mean more excitement in the city, more revenue for the team, and hopefully a higher payroll as a result.

      Comment


      • #4
        "White Sox Dave" is a douchebag. As evidenced by the video.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't know White Sox Dave but it seems like everyone involved in barstool sports has a big mouth and is a blowhard.

          And I don't think winning a sweatshirt is the type of promotion that's going to make a person bet.
          Last edited by Noneck; 10-11-2021, 02:20 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I actually am a WSD fan but Cusak clearly won this round. I don’t think Dave expected him to clap back

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
              In general, I'm all in favor of any Cubs fans hopping on the bandwagon, if only because it could mean more excitement in the city, more revenue for the team, and hopefully a higher payroll as a result.
              I respectfully disagree about the bandwagon. All bandwagon jumpers do is increase demand for tickets and drive up the price for loyal fans. And more revenue will never mean a higher payroll with present ownership.
              “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

              "If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

              Comment


              • #8
                When *******s collide...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post

                  I respectfully disagree about the bandwagon. All bandwagon jumpers do is increase demand for tickets and drive up the price for loyal fans. And more revenue will never mean a higher payroll with present ownership.
                  Maybe the fact that I can't get out to the stadium all that often skews my opinion, but I find it hard to see tickets being in higher demand as a negative. This season has been fantastic with 35K+ in the stands for weekend home games towards the end of the season. I live out of town and only got to GRF once this season (the Saturday game against the Yankees), and the atmosphere was absolutely electric. I don't know why anyone would prefer the stadium to be a third full like it has been for most of the past decade (really, most of most of our lives).

                  And the history of this team and this ownership group is that they spend money when people come to the stadium, and not before.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was told by folks in the front office that in 2005 Cusack's "representatives" called the Sox wanting World Series tickets for him. After the Sox said those were hard to come by those folks got pissed and started acting like *******s. After they got some tickets (because JR authorized it) they then started "demanding" certain other things for him.

                    They told me the entire contingent including Cusack were real dicks. And if it was up to them they wouldn't want to have to deal with him again.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Who is White Sox Dave? Was he a member of the old WSI? I'm happy that he got in Cusack's face, I have no use for just another Hollywood phony and worse, a Cub fan.


                      Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 10-11-2021, 04:12 PM.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                        Who is White Sox Dave?
                        He's a douchbag that writes for barstool sports, and makes as many inaccurate predictions as accurate ones. White Sox Dave sucks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

                          He's a douchbag that writes for barstool sports, and makes as many inaccurate predictions as accurate ones. White Sox Dave sucks.
                          Thanks Fielder, still like that he he got in Cusacks face especially after reading Lip's latest post on this thread. (#10)
                          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Krs1 View Post
                            When *******s collide...
                            Truer words have never been spoken.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

                              Thanks Fielder, still like that he he got in Cusacks face especially after reading Lip's latest post on this thread. (#10)
                              It would have been respectable if he had one single good response. How about "Congrats on rehearsing a response from the last time you were relevant. Who played 2B for us when we sucked in 2017?"

                              WSD and Cusack can both...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X