This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game IV ALDS Game Day Thread

Big Mo coming 'round the bend. The White Sox have servred notice on MLB they will put their feet on your throats......

Ballsy effort by the boys. They are not going to go down with a whimper. Nice to see them string any kind of hit together and get rewarded with the win. Bullpen was lights out.

BK59
    Last edited by BigKlu59; 10-11-2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I feel good that Rodon will be on the bump today, he's well rested and he's been our most consistant starter.
      The hitting was great last night and hope the guys continue it this afternoon.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Going to be real tricky getting this one in without delays.

Comment

My weather app forecast shows an 80% chance of rain between 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm CDT today.

If I'm running the team, a bullpen arm starts the game for me and Rodon doesn't even get loose.
          “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

What exactly happens if this gets rained out? They play tomorrow on what would have been a travel day?
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
              My weather app forecast shows an 80% chance of rain between 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm CDT today.

If I'm running the team, a bullpen arm starts the game for me and Rodon doesn't even get loose.
              Good point - Rodon's arm is definitely something you don't want to mess with by getting it loose then shutting it down for awhile. Reynaldo Lopez could play a big part in today's game.

Comment

I wonder if this ends up being the story of the game....Houston is not to be trusted....
                https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/w...r-alds-game-3/

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                  What exactly happens if this gets rained out? They play tomorrow on what would have been a travel day?
                  Astros have to forfeit. It's part of their penalty for the cheating scandal.

Comment

"Gut-check time" is such a cliche, but today's the day this team will show us who they really are - the team of their promised potential, with a dangerous batting order and a lights-out pitching staff, or the team they've actually been, that scores in double digits one game, only to follow it up with an absolute sleep-walking dud.

I'm sick of trying to figure out whether or not a "switch" has been "flipped" - I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox win 10-2, or for the Astros to throw a two-hit shutout. Please just win, dammit, and then do it nine more times!
                    My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post

It could be like the Angels/Yankees ALDS in 2005 where three games were played in 72 hours alternating between Anaheim and Yankee Stadium each day.

Comment

Game is postponed until tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1:07 central time.

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1447599970899697674

Comment

And Game 5 will be Wednesday

Comment

Que sera sera.

Comment

Good call the forecast looks absolutely brutal this afternoon until about midnight. Tomorrow is looking like a nice day out too.

Comment

Working...
                              X