This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official #3 ALDS They Still Have A Pulse..."

To their credit they didn't roll over and die after getting hammered in the early innings.

They finally got some extra base hits after setting the record for most hits to start a playoff series without connecting on an extra base one. (20 in a row breaking the record of 19 set by the Angels).

Garcia made up for his mis-play on Friday.

Only thing that is really worrisome is the complete ineffectiveness by White Sox starters and it was the rotation that carried them this season...almost like the Astros know what is coming. (Much like the Blue Jays in the 93 ALCS, which they later admitted...)

Kopech was shaky but the rest of the bullpen did what they needed to do.

We'll see if Rodon, who pitched well against them twice this year can do well Monday and will see if Houston brings McCullers back on short rest to try to put the nail in the Sox.
    Last edited by Lipman 1; 10-11-2021, 12:04 AM.

Tonight's 16 hits are a White Sox post-season record. Leury made me gladly eat my words from early today. Still a long climb and long odds for this team, but at least we won't get swept and have at least one game where we win by 6.

Stormy weather predicted for tomorrow afternoon in Chicago.
    White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post
      Tonight's 16 hits are a White Sox post-season record. Leury made me gladly eat my words from early today. Still a long climb and long odds for this team, but at least we won't get swept and have at least one game where we win by 6.

I wouldn't mind a rain out to give the bullpen some rest myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post

Under ordinary circumstances, the game might be moved to noon to beat the rain..
        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Being there tonight was incredible. The energy in the park was off the charts. Yes, there was a letdown in the 2nd after falling behind, but the crowd stayed in the game and we were rewarded. What a game.

Comment

Couldn't watch at all. Was flying back from a convention. Was traveling for over 12 hours including 7.5 hours on the final plane which stopped in San Diego to unload and reload after flying in from Baltimore. Can't complain we made it home which is more than many Southwest fliers are saying today including several people at our convention.

Top it off none of the regular stations that I could actually watch on the flight were running sports tickers. In San Diego I managed to listen to most of the 7th and 8th innings but we took off as Eloy was batting in the 8th so I missed the 3 insurance runs.

Nice to see the bats wake up. Vaughn in particular, but we really need to see Robert, Abreu and Eloy drop some bombs. If they stay hot tomorrow they could still be hot on Wednesday. Will be working tomorrow but hopefully can follow on my phone.

Not dead yet...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I was at the game. Sorry, but this thread title does zero to capture the mood and energy at the park tonight. A better title would have "The Astros have the best offense in the AL that never strikes if you just ignore those 16 at-bats" Another title could simply be "Foot on Throat Baseball comes to the Southside Sunday Night."

This was much of a statement game for the Sox as any since October 26, 2005. They faced an elite offense and made them look like Rookie Division III college players.

Comment

One of the most memorable wins I've experienced as a Sox fan. Surreal game. You just have to wonder if they have enough left in the tank for tomorrow. As a fan I'm exhausted and hoping for a rainout.The first 4 innings were unbelievable. For a guy who made a career of bending every rule to his advantage, AJ sure was not about to let up on the Grandal heads up baserunning play.

I would love for this topic to end up mattering but if the Sox can win tomorrow does LaRussa run Lynn back out in Houston? Or is he perhaps available on short rest tomorrow. We'll see but for now I'm gonna try to get some sleep and enoy this win.

Comment

Some thoughts:

-I was in attendance as well and I was curious if the energy was going to match the original blackout game intensity but the crowd absolutely delivered the goods. The Astros players were booed and jeered mercilessly. The place was shaking when Leury's HR cleared the CF fence.

-I hate that Game 4 is in the afternoon. As a previous poster pointed out, I'm exhausted from going tonight. I Imagine the players will be too. I hope the crowd and team can match the intensity. I'll be in the CF bleachers tomorrow to try to get our boys

-Tepera and Bummer were nails tonight. We talk about the Kimbrel trade not working out so far but the Tepera move has been great.

Comment

Everybody got a hit except Engel who was a defensive replacement and never had an AB.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                      One of the most memorable wins I've experienced as a Sox fan. Surreal game. You just have to wonder if they have enough left in the tank for tomorrow. As a fan I'm exhausted and hoping for a rainout.The first 4 innings were unbelievable. For a guy who made a career of bending every rule to his advantage, AJ sure was not about to let up on the Grandal heads up baserunning play.

I would love for this topic to end up mattering but if the Sox can win tomorrow does LaRussa run Lynn back out in Houston? Or is he perhaps available on short rest tomorrow. We'll see but for now I'm gonna try to get some sleep and enoy this win.
                      I think Rodon will get the job done today and then turn the game over to the BP, that leaves Lynn ready for game 5.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Bullpen produced as promised, and the offense definitely showed up . what a long and crazy game . who says that the Astros never strike out . what an outstanding win this was !!!!!!

Comment

Glad to see the win. And I'm glad Leury got the big hit. Baker pulled the starter in the middle of that at bat, and boom!

That's the team we were expecting to see, and they showed up.

Now, for Carlos Rodon to pitch like he's capable of, and on to Houston for Game 5.

I got a chuckle from the crowd chanting at Altuve each time he batted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                            I was at the game. Sorry, but this thread title does zero to capture the mood and energy at the park tonight. A better title would have "The Astros have the best offense in the AL that never strikes if you just ignore those 16 at-bats" Another title could simply be "Foot on Throat Baseball comes to the Southside Sunday Night."
                            Tepera touched on this in his post-game comments, how it was odd that the Astros didn't swing and miss much at home, but somehow struck out 16 times on the road. “Yeah. I mean, it is what it is. They’ve obviously had a reputation of doing some sketchy stuff over there. We can say that it’s a little bit of a difference. I think you saw the swings and misses tonight compared to the first two games at Minute Maid.”

Comment

Originally posted by WSox597 View Post
                              I got a chuckle from the crowd chanting at Altuve each time he batted.
                              I was hoping for some chin music in altuves last at bat.

Comment

Working...
                              X