X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* ALDS Game 2 We're in Trouble Postgamer

Time to make history, or we're history.

Have to broadcast an Idaho State volleyball game tonight so I don't have a lot of time.

A few days ago I posted that my goals for the Sox were modest...win at least a game, don't get swept, make this a competitive series.

Regretfully the Sox haven't even been able to do that.

I also said my biggest worry was the bullpen, sure enough...

Ironically CBS Sportline ranked the playoff bullpens two days ago and they had the Sox as second to worst. And the primary culprit in their opinion? Bummer...

Sox are now 0-6 in Houston, they have scored a total of 13 runs in them and counting the post season they are now 10-21 on the road against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

I guess with these guys home field is "rather" important (as shown by their record.)

And let's not forget Giolito was as bad as Lynn.

On offense the Sox get 11 hits, plus three walks and only score four runs.

Do or die Sunday, I hope they at least show some pride.
    Last edited by Lipman 1; 10-08-2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Kimbrel - the amount of resources this front office throws on relief pitchers......

Comment

The manager can't hit, pitch or catch the ball but this loss is at the hands of TLR, every move he made today turned to ****. They should take away his HOF plaque for the way he has managed the Sox since the All Star game, they won the division in spite of him.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 10-08-2021, 05:46 PM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

What I cannot understand is when the game was 4-2 and 4-4 with a runner on first, why our infielders were not in double play depth to stop the up the middle. Might have been 2 double plays that would have avoided the runs….also, this team has GOT to start taking what is given and hit the ball the opposite field. It is killing Eloy and rallies…

Comment

Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
            What I cannot understand is when the game was 4-2 and 4-4 with a runner on first, why our infielders were not in double play depth to stop the up the middle. Might have been 2 double plays that would have avoided the runs….also, this team has GOT to start taking what is given and hit the ball the opposite field. It is killing Eloy and rallies…
            Part of it, 34, is that they do not understand how to play on that infield. That infield is like playing on an outdoor skating rink. Also the areas left and right of the foul lines. Moncada was lucky he didn't break his legs on that foul ball. YOu could tell as soon as the game came on that they had watered all of the "dirt" in that park. It was literally like a skating rink out there.

Comment

It's not impossible. Baker's teams have done it before. (gacked up a big lead)

Leave Kimbrel in the pen, alongside Bummer. Don't use either of them the rest of the series.

Garcia is an infielder. Leave him there. Cesar Hernandez turned out to be a bad deal.

Next year, trade both Kimbrel and Hernandez, if anybody else is dumb enough to want them. I'd bet the Indians and Cubs are screaming with laughter about those trades. On paper, both trades made sense at the time. Reality punched everybody in the face.

The main announcer, whose name escapes me, talked about Kimbrel's ERA with the Cubs, well under .075. With the Sox, it's over 5.00. It figures.

I have no answers for the offense's dual personality. Apparently nobody does.

One of the announcers, maybe Kaat, said Abreu led the league in GIDP with 28.

TLR made some pretty bad calls today, and just about every one of them bit the Sox. I'm one of the fans that was happy when the Sox hired him, I always disliked the way Harrelson let him go during his brief time playing GM.

Hell, in the end, I'm no expert, I just want the team I've rooted for my entire life to win now and then.

Comment

Not that there are a lot of great options, but I didn’t understand bringing in Crochet to try and clean up the mess they let Gio make.

Comment

Nine walks in two games, seemingly all of them scored, is no way to win baseball games. Tepera and Hendriks are the only pitchers that have shown how to get batters out by being aggressive. I sure hope it's Rodón on Sunday and not Cease.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                    Nine walks in two games, seemingly all of them scored, is no way to win baseball games. Tepera and Hendriks are the only pitchers that have shown how to get batters out by being aggressive. I sure hope it's Rodón on Sunday and not Cease.
                    Start Rodon and get as much as we can out of him, hopefully 5+ innings.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
                      Not that there are a lot of great options, but I didn’t understand bringing in Crochet to try and clean up the mess they let Gio make.
                      I didn't either nor do I understand why Tony didn't have a pitcher at least warming up at the start of the inning. I wanted Kopech to be brought in at the start of the inning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragg View Post
                        Kimbrel - the amount of resources this front office throws on relief pitchers......
                        Hahn and Kenny were so proud when they made the Kimbrel trade. I wonder how they feel now?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Hahn and Kenny were so proud when they made the Kimbrel trade. I wonder how they feel now?
                          An absolutely horrible deal, indeed. This team needs to make some substantial changes if they don't want the 2021 season to be the high water mark; they simply cannot compete with the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by soxfanatlanta View Post

An absolutely horrible deal, indeed. This team needs to make some substantial changes if they don't want the 2021 season to be the high water mark; they simply cannot compete with the big boys.
                            Firing LaRussa needs to happen. that loss was all on Tony LaRussa. That ball to right field has to be caught,

Comment

Another example of why you can't play like crap in August and September and turn it on in October.

Another example of why not going out and trying to secure home field for at least the first round comes around to bite you in the ass.

Another example of why you can't go 9-10 vs. a team as crappy as the Royals and expect to compete with the Astros. Or 2-5 vs. the Angels.

18 hits in this series and EVERY ONE of them is a single.
                              Last edited by Zakath; 10-08-2021, 06:51 PM.
                              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Working...
                              X