Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game III ALDS Gameday thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game III ALDS Gameday thread

    Maybe third time is the charm?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
    Maybe third time is the charm?
    It better be.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

    Comment


    • #3
      What's Renteria doing these days? Just kidding but Tony's handling of this team in the play-offs is just as bad or maybe even worse than Renteria's was:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bird Of Prey View Post
        What's Renteria doing these days? Just kidding but Tony's handling of this team in the play-offs is just as bad or maybe even worse than Renteria's was:
        Yeah, no kidding. And I liked the hiring when it happened. He made a lot of bad moves today, and every one seemed to bite the Sox hard. Pinch hitting Hernandez for Engel made zero sense unless Engel is hurting again. Hernandez left his bat in Cleveland.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd hope they can at least win a single game and not continue to be embarrassed but these are the White Sox so who the hell knows what will happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            I'd hope they can at least win a single game and not continue to be embarrassed but these are the White Sox so who the hell knows what will happen.
            That’s where I’m standing right now. It’s one thing to be competitive and get beaten, quite another to get exposed and embarrassed. I’m hoping for 2 in Chicago and something of a divine intervention in Houston.

            BK59

            Comment


            • #7
              The pen is the weakest link. Ami the only one who notices the Sox have bad luck with former NL talent?

              Comment


              • #8
                Sox have been a completely different team at home all season. They will win Games 3 and 4 handily.
                “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

                "If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
                  Sox have been a completely different team at home all season. They will win Games 3 and 4 handily.
                  Very true about how well they play at home, that's why it was so critical for them to actually get home field advantage.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kitekrazy View Post
                    The pen is the weakest link. Ami the only one who notices the Sox have bad luck with former NL talent?
                    You're not alone. Dunn, Laroche and several others come to mind. But Garland worked out well, and Tepera is doing pretty well, so it's not absolute.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
                      Sox have been a completely different team at home all season. They will win Games 3 and 4 handily.
                      I think that the Sox will win Sunday night, and win big, but i also think that they will lose Monday.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by WSox597 View Post

                        You're not alone. Dunn, Laroche and several others come to mind. But Garland worked out well, and Tepera is doing pretty well, so it's not absolute.
                        I don't think to Tepera has been put in enough situations to say he worked out, Garland was in a NL farm system. Garland does not fit my definition of worked out well/ Veteran NL talent does not work for the White Sox. Everyone will ooh and aah over next year's free agents and if they get one from the NL don't expect much from them for at least 100 games. There is a point where stats don't matter and realize the science doesn't always work.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's about time for the Dusty Factor to kick in. He's lost 0-2 leads before.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                            It's about time for the Dusty Factor to kick in. He's lost 0-2 leads before.
                            Now you're talking. I'd be just fine with that happening. As you said, it wouldn't be the first time. 😁

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cease named the starter for Sunday night. TLR still somewhat evasive regarding Rodon's status should the Sox force a game #4

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X