This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game II ALDS Gameday thread

Let's get this one so all that is needed is two wins at home.

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
    Let's get this one so all that is needed is two wins at home.
    They pretty much have to get game #2 or the odds are tremendously against them based on history and the margin for error is zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

They pretty much have to get game #2 or the odds are tremendously against them based on history and the margin for error is zero.
      Especially as they'll probably see McCullers again in Game 5, if it goes that far.
      I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

I'm a terrible pessimist, but I really belive they're going to win this series. I'm confident the Sox will win their home games, so all they have to do is win 1 out of 3 in Houston. They can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Madvora View Post
          I'm a terrible pessimist, but I really belive they're going to win this series. I'm confident the Sox will win their home games, so all they have to do is win 1 out of 3 in Houston. They can do that.
          Expect Gio to come out on fire tomorrow.
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Teams that have won the first game in a best of five series have gone on to win said series 72% of the time 101 out of 140.

It would behoove the Sox to win Friday afternoon me thinks.

In five previous games this season in Houston the White Sox have scored a grand total of nine runs.
            Last edited by Lipman 1; 10-08-2021, 01:40 AM.

Comment

It would behoove Sox pitchers to throw strikes early and not fall behind.

Comment

I want the bats to come alive. One run and seven hits are not going to cut it against a formidable offense.

Comment

Well, the goal was to come out of Houston with one win and the pitching matchup is favorable today. I expect a much better performance offensively - gotta show that dominance against lefty starters.

I expect Vaughn and Hernandez will get starts today. I feel better about Vaughn at 1B than Sheets, but it would still be an emotional lift if Jose could play the field.

Comment

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...493275651?s=20

Leury is still in at 2B which is interesting and telling of what the team thinks of Hernandez. Vaughn at 1B, with Jose still DH'ing. Robert hitting second.
                    Last edited by ChiTownTrojan; 10-08-2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Vaughn is starting at 1B. Pito at DH. Leury still at 2B.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                        https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...493275651?s=20

Leury is still in at 2B which is interesting and telling of what the team thinks of Hernandez. Vaughn at 1B, with Jose still DH'ing. Robert hitting second.
                        I suspect the Sox would prefer not to have either Hernandez or Keuchel on the 2022 team. But we'll see. I'm sure dumping Keuchel's $18M salary will not be easy. However, Hernandez can play a defensive role in this year's playoffs.

Comment

It's time for the boppers to bop. Grandal, Robert, Leury all showed signs of cooling off as the season winded down- along with Eloy continuing to scuffle to a certain extent.

Really need the guys to take it to them today.

I'd prefer Hernandez at 2nd for his defense- especially turning the DP- but based on September- I can understand the logic of going with Leury.
                          #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Abreu even playing tells you what kind of person he is. Jose has flu-like symptoms and still plays contributing 2 hits. That's a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                              Vaughn is starting at 1B. Pito at DH. Leury still at 2B.
                              Lineup change was just announced. Abreu at 1st and Vaughn at DH

Comment

Working...
                              X