*OFFICIAL* 10/2/21; Peaking at the Right Time SOX 5 DET 4 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 10/2/21; Peaking at the Right Time SOX 5 DET 4 Postgamer

Moncada has something to say to the doubters.

Oh, and that’s six wins in a row.

Comment

I'd say that YOYO is getting hot at just the right time . 6 in a row . 93 wins, W0W . I love that the Sox are finishing the season by winning games .

Comment

I'm glad they came back to win this game. It didn't look good at first, and then BLAM! Sox win.

Last I heard, Houston was up 10-3 over the A's in the 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
          I love that the Sox are finishing the season by winning games .
          Agreed! It's nice to finish like 2005 and 2008, rather than like 2000 and 2020 - it gives us a LOT more confidence going into the postseason.

On a sour note, did Keuchel pitch himself off of the playoff roster tonight?

My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

8-2 in their last 10 is tied for the best record in the majors in the last 10 games.

6-game winning streak is presently the best in the majors.

Comment

Keuchel would have to be off the short series roster at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Domeshot17 View Post
                Keuchel would have to be off the short series roster at the least.
                Probably stuck with him based on Rodon's situation. But I would hate to see Keuchel come in against the Astros or Rays.

Comment

The Astros hold home field against us and I'm hoping them feel over confident against us.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    Probably stuck with him based on Rodon's situation. But I would hate to see Keuchel come in against the Astros or Rays.
                    What is Carlos's situation? Is he injured? Last game I saw him pitch, he got batters out, which is more than I can say for Keuchel.

The park was electric tonight as the Sox made their comeback. Really energetic 36k felt just like a postseason game. The hoodie was nice too.

I must say the park is fairly understaffed for this size crowd. I wonder if the Sox are hiring temp workers for postseason games.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      The Astros hold home field against us and I'm hoping them feel over confident against us.
                      The Sox are not the same team that lost four straight to Houston in June, nor are they even the same team that took two of three in July. I also feel that the Sox are better when (to borrow a phrase from Kenny) they're playing "under the radar."

That said, home-field in the ALDS would've been really nice. The problem with getting so close, and missing by just the narrowest of margins, is that you can torture yourself looking back at every blown save, every game you lost by a single run, every loss to a sub-.500 (or sub-.400) team, and thinking "If only."

There are a couple of AL teams that will be experiencing this tomorrow...
                      My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

What is Carlos's situation? Is he injured? Last game I saw him pitch, he got batters out, which is more than I can say for Keuchel.

The park was electric tonight as the Sox made their comeback. Really energetic 36k felt just like a postseason game. The hoodie was nice too.

I must say the park is fairly understaffed for this size crowd. I wonder if the Sox are hiring temp workers for postseason games.
                        TLR said we'll know more about Rodon Sunday when he throws another bullpen. Didn't want to say much because he didn't know anything and didn't want to speculate.

9th game this season where the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won.

Keuchel set himself back from his Monday start, maybe he's just not suited to relief but until the Sox know more about Rodon's situation he is still a playoff roster possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post

The Sox are not the same team that lost four straight to Houston in June, nor are they even the same team that took two of three in July. I also feel that the Sox are better when (to borrow a phrase from Kenny) they're playing "under the radar."

That said, home-field in the ALDS would've been really nice. The problem with getting so close, and missing by just the narrowest of margins, is that you can torture yourself looking back at every blown save, every game you lost by a single run, every loss to a sub-.500 (or sub-.400) team, and thinking "If only."

There are a couple of AL teams that will be experiencing this tomorrow...
                          That's why EVERY game matters, you can't take anything for granted.

Last year the Sox lost the division by one game.

This year the Sox lost home field advantage by one game.

Maybe it won't matter in the end but I'd rather have to play a #5 in Chicago then in Houston as I'm sure the players themselves would tell you that.

Comment

Maybe there is an on-off switch. Just keep it in the on posistion.
                            Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 10-03-2021, 07:19 AM.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                              Maybe there is an on-off switch. Just keep it in the on posistion.
                              Hey old timer they don’t use switches or fin and tube wiring no more. They just TAP the tops of their caps like an IPhone or ask Siri or Alexa to make things come on. Didn’t you learn that on the Carousel of Progress in your many trips to WDW.

Yes, this has been a nice run to wrap up the season. Happy to see the team running on all cylinders like a 59 Fleetwood looking all shiny and powerful and the best ride in town.

Now it comes down to winning everything at home and pilfering a game here or there out of town. They have the goods, let’s take this beast for a joy ride.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X