*Official* 10/1 Another Night, Another Fairly Easy Win Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 10/1 Another Night, Another Fairly Easy Win Postgamer

That confidence just ahead of the playoffs continues to grow.

Very nice that they finally scored some runs for Lynn.

They are getting hot at the right time...doesn't necessarily mean anything when they have to play the Astros but I personally feel better about their chances if they can close things strong. Much better than a lot of what we've seen since mid-July.

Comment

Tomorrow will be a more telling game. I'm happy that the Sox won in a comfortable fashion. Lately it's been feast or famine. They will score a bunch one night and then not score the next two. I want the next two games to be just like tonight. Easy wins for the Sox.

Comment

The A's hold on and beat the Astros 8-6 after both teams put up a 4 spot in the 8th inning. Sox need to win the next 2 games and have the Astros lose the next two to end up with the home field advantage for at least the ALDS.

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
          Tomorrow will be a more telling game. I'm happy that the Sox won in a comfortable fashion. Lately it's been feast or famine. They will score a bunch one night and then not score the next two. I want the next two games to be just like tonight. Easy wins for the Sox.
          In the last 5 they've scored 5,8,6,7,8 We're actually starting to see the exact consistency we've wanted and expected now that the offense is whole. Tonight with 13 H and 5 BB every player in the starting offense had a hit except Robert (who is about the least to worry about currently), 4 different players had 2B. Abreu broke out of his power funk. TA showed wheels and energy and stirred the drink. Would be nice to see Vaughn find his rhythm to really get this fired up, but they are clearly giving him a lot of rest with Sheets as the primary LH DH and facing mostly RHP recently.

Bullpen looks great too. How many teams have 6 relievers they are comfortable calling on for high leverage situations?

This team has all the tools and appears to be peaking as we head to the playoffs. I am SO down for that...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post
            The A's hold on and beat the Astros 8-6 after both teams put up a 4 spot in the 8th inning. Sox need to win the next 2 games and have the Astros lose the next two to end up with the home field advantage for at least the ALDS.
            It must be hard for the Astros to concentrate with all of the drooling they've been doing looking forward to facing the White Sox next week.

Comment

Nice win . the Astros rested a lot of their regulars, but had to get them in the game just to try and come back . glad it didn't work . the Astros are really the only team that i truly dislike . it would be so great to start the series at home, instead of in that bandbox in Houston . one down, two to go..

Comment

If we have to rely on Oakland's bullpen to get us home field, we're in trouble.
                I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

It must be hard for the Astros to concentrate with all of the drooling they've been doing looking forward to facing the White Sox next week.
                  Especially with the Sox inability to "flip the switch" and start playing well at the end of the season. (Psst - for those who place meaning in how the team finishes, that's 5 consecutive wins and 7-3 in their last 10).
                  Last edited by Chez; 10-02-2021, 08:36 AM.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                  All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                  Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

Especially with the Sox inability to "flip the switch" and start playing well at the end of the season. (Psst - for those who place meaning in how the team finishes, that's 5 consecutive wins and 7-3 in their last 10).
                    And let's contrast that to last year when the Sox were 2-8 in their last 10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post

If that's what the Astros are really doing, then that's great news for the Sox. Let Houston think (along with some Sox fans, apparently) that the ALDS will be a total cake walk for them. I'd be more afraid of a team that takes every playoff opponent seriously.
                      White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Feeling so much better than I did for much of the second half. These guys right now are playing to their potential and hopefully it continues through the playoffs.
                        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together, Wimpy.

Comment

92nd win. I'd love to see them get to 94 and match the 1993 and 1990 teams. Here's a list of the Sox best winning pct. over the last 50 years:
                            • 2005, 1983: .611
                            • 1994*: .593 (113 games)
                            • 2000: .586
                            • 2020*: .583 (60 games)
                            • 1993, 1990: .580
                            • 2021: .575 (through 160 games)
                            • 1972*: .565 (154 games)
                            • 2006, 1977: .556
                            White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post
                              92nd win. I'd love to see them get to 94 and match the 1993 and 1990 teams. Here's a list of the Sox best winning pct. over the last 50 years:
                              • 2005, 1983: .611
                              • 1994*: .593 (113 games)
                              • 2000: .586
                              • 2020*: .583 (60 games)
                              • 1993, 1990: .580
                              • 2021: .575 (through 160 games)
                              • 1972*: .565 (154 games)
                              • 2006, 1977: .556
                              C'mon Hitmen, make it 62 years and add the 1959 Sox who won the pennant, 94-60 .610.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                              X