X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 9/28/21; Luis BOMBert Nukes Reds SOX 7 CIN 1 Postgamer

Long balls are fun.

Win #90.

This team is catching fire at the right time. Let's hope this sticks around for a while.

Comment

Lopez and bullpen looked great . hopefully Moncada is starting to heat it up at the right time . Holy Sheets does Gavin hit some bombs . Robert is not human.

Comment

Congrats to the Sox, 90 wins for the first time since the 2006 season.

Comment

Obviously very cool to see Robert staying hot and getting hotter. Eloy continues to look better. Yoan with a bomb. Hernandez reached base twice including that ripped double. Sheets continues to show he belongs So much to be happy for offensively.

Pitching was excellent too against a very talented offensive team. If Rodon can't go you almost have to consider giving Lopez the #4 starter slot. He's been excellent since getting called up.

Still the story is finding a consistent offense in time for the playoffs and it's looking more and more like that might happen. Defense was excellent other than the Moncada bobble also. Hernandez continues to be a very solid partner for TA. He has been excellent defensively for the most part. If he finds his stroke the team goes 8 deep offensively with Garcia/Engel/Vaughn for #9.

Too bad Houston came back to score two in the bottom of the 9th tonight after Tampa took the lead in the top half. Would have been cool to make them sweat a bit.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Great, fun game to attend. Good size crowd, 25k, for a school night in a clinched season. There were a fair amount of Reds fans in the park.

The family (I presume) of that poor kid Reds starter was one section over from us in 131 — they applauded him as he came off the field after the Sox treated him rudely.

Really nice to see Luis Robert heating it up as we move into the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

Really nice to see Luis Robert heating it up as we move into the postseason.
              I don't think he's heating up, this is just Luis Robert healthy and settled in. He's going to be one of the top players in MLB the next decade, IMO. He's going to be in the running for MVP regularly and if he stays healthy you might as well by tickets to go see his induction in Cooperstown. Hope the Sox can keep him his entire career.
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

That was great to see "good Lopez" after a couple mediocre outings. 6 really efficient innings.

The bullpen continues to be nails. Since 9/1, they lead baseball with 1.9 fWAR and a 2.99 FIP. The only team with a better xFIP or SIERA is actually the team we played tonight.

I saw Robert whiff tonight on a slider low and away that was a foot out of the zone. It was notable because that was what he was doing pretty much every at bat for a month during his slump last year - he would whiff on 3 straight sliders - but we rarely see it this year. Tonight after the whiff, he came back and a couple pitches later hit the ball 700 feet out of the park. It's absolutely incredible how quickly he has turned into one of the best players in the league. He still has less than 500 career at bats.
                Last edited by ChiTownTrojan; 09-28-2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
                  That was great to see "good Lopez" after a couple mediocre outings. 6 really efficient innings.

The bullpen continues to be nails. Since 9/1, they lead baseball with 1.9 fWAR and a 2.99 FIP. The only team with a better xFIP or SIERA is actually the team we played tonight.

I saw Robert whiff tonight on a slider low and away that was a foot out of the zone. It was notable because that was what he was doing pretty much every at bat for a month during his slump last year - he would whiff on 3 straight sliders - but we rarely see it this year. Tonight after the whiff, he came back and a couple pitches later hit the ball 700 feet out of the park. It's absolutely incredible how quickly he has turned into one of the best players in the league. He still has less than 500 career at bats.
                  Nothing like the memory of a White Sox fan. I wonder what he did to turn it around? Credit to coaching, if that was a factor.

Pitching was excellent too against a very talented offensive team. If Rodon can't go you almost have to consider giving Lopez the #4 starter slot. He's been excellent since getting called up.

Blasphemy? I, for one think he has a better chance of giving you a strong five than Keuchel. Would Tony do it? Prolly not.
                  If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

Too bad Houston came back to score two in the bottom of the 9th tonight after Tampa took the lead in the top half. Would have been cool to make them sweat a bit.
                    Thank Tampa's pen for walking in two runs to give the Astros the game.

I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Each piece of the puzzle could be coming together at exactly the right time- every player in the starting line up seems to be hitting well, both Lopez and Keuchel pitching pretty well in case Rodon can't go- I think TLR will be willing to roll the dice on Lopez if needed- and the bullpen stabilizing with Tepera ready to rejoin.

The incident in Detroit may turn out to be a positive- a jolt of intensity for a team that has had the division in hand since July.

The post season is completely unpredictable- 1983, 1993, 2005 especially were full of good and bad surprises- so who knows- but to the degree that how you're playing the last week of the regular season matters- I like what I see,
                      #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

I'm becoming concerned about Engel's availability for the first round of the playoffs. He needs some AB's, but can't get on the field.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                          Obviously very cool to see Robert staying hot and getting hotter. Eloy continues to look better. Yoan with a bomb. Hernandez reached base twice including that ripped double. Sheets continues to show he belongs So much to be happy for offensively.

Still the story is finding a consistent offense in time for the playoffs and it's looking more and more like that might happen. Defense was excellent other than the Moncada bobble also. Hernandez continues to be a very solid partner for TA. He has been excellent defensively for the most part. If he finds his stroke the team goes 8 deep offensively with Garcia/Engel/Vaughn for #9.
                          Before the ALDS starts, someone should change all the calendars in the Sox clubhouse to "August" so that we can get Jose Abreu going again.

White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                            I'm becoming concerned about Engel's availability for the first round of the playoffs. He needs some AB's, but can't get on the field.
                            Between Engel's ongoing health issues, Vaughn dropping off a cliff (hitting .072 for September, .209 post All Star break), and Goodwin's performance/health- it looks more and more like Leury (.900+ OPS in September) is our RF for the post season.

Looks like Sheets as DH vs. RHP- not sure who they go with vs. LHP?
                            #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

90 wins !!! Well done White Sox!! Great pitching AND hitting in this game. Hopefully this is the team we will be seeing here on out and if Jose gets back in the groove, Man O Man gonna be a sweet post season run.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                              X