Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 9/27 Emotional Win Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 9/27 Emotional Win Postgamer

    Lot to unpack with this one, but glad we got the victory.

  • #2
    This game . i went from nodding off, to screaming at the tv . after the final pitch, Liam screaming his lungs out, while looking right into the Tigers dugout . Oh and Hey Astros, look in your rear view mirror . objects there are actually much closer than you might think . here come the White Sox !!

    Comment


    • #3
      Mike Wright sucks. Hope that's the last time we have to watch him pitch in a Sox uniform. And glad the benches cleared after Jose's slide into 2nd. Don't know what any of the Tigers could have said to him, but nice to see the emotion. Always seems to be something between the Tigers and Sox.

      Comment


      • #4
        If I was a betting man, I'd bet Wright won't make the playoff roster. Almost anybody from AAA would be an improvement. Glad they held on. I was out of the room when the HBP happened, and the explosion at 2B. My wife saw it though, and gave me the PBP.

        Comment


        • #5
          Can we all chip in and buy Jose an elbow protector for his left arm? Someone start a GoFundMe page.

          2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
          Posts on old WSI: 7344

          Comment


          • #6
            Great to get the win. This is the kind of game where if the Tigers had rallied to get the win, it could have had implications for years to come.
            "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
            -- Thucydides

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kobo View Post
              Mike Wright sucks. Hope that's the last time we have to watch him pitch in a Sox uniform. And glad the benches cleared after Jose's slide into 2nd. Don't know what any of the Tigers could have said to him, but nice to see the emotion. Always seems to be something between the Tigers and Sox.
              With the Tigers probably becoming a contending team next year we might see some more of this stuff in 2022. Like most baseball fights this wasn't even a 2 minute roughing penalty.
              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-27-2021, 04:21 PM.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                Great to get the win. This is the kind of game where if the Tigers had rallied to get the win, it could have had implications for years to come.

                Comment


                • #9
                  For the record, the white Sox are #30 in MLB in hitting batters with 50. To suggest any intentional batters have been hit is ridiculous. Jose, who truly does not crowd the plate, is #3 in getting hit by pitches at 21. The Tigers have been hit the least of any team in baseball, yet are #5 at hitting batters with 80.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 34rancher View Post
                    The Tigers have been hit the least of any team in baseball, yet are #5 at hitting batters with 80.
                    Mike Wright's final act as a White Sox pitcher should be to hit some Tiger on Sunday. That is about all he is good for.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

                      Mike Wright's final act as a White Sox pitcher should be to hit some Tiger on Sunday. That is about all he is good for.
                      Miggy better watch out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                        Miggy better watch out.
                        I would choose someone like Haase, who sucks against the rest of the league but puts up big numbers against the Sox, rather than a future first ballot HOFer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think I've seen enough of Mr. Wright. He needs to be released this off season. Sox don't need anymore Ross Detwiler's on the big league roster.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Story at White Sox.com says TLR will be watching Rodon closely from the first pitch on, Wednesday. Said he was "OK" in bullpen Sunday but "didn't let it go..."

                            Keuchel's performance today I assume has given him some options at least.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

                              Mike Wright's final act as a White Sox pitcher should be to hit some Tiger on Sunday. That is about all he is good for.
                              I say bench Jose for that series, which is ridiculously difficult for me to say, as I’ve told the story of how the last year I’ve had to protect my own kid who ADORES Jose from most activities. Well, we are going to our first game in 2 years for his birthday present of his vaccine to see Jose play. But I just don’t trust the tigers. Put the team first and don’t get caught up in the madness about to ensue with that team.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X