*OFFICIAL* 9-26-21 3 Out Of 5 Ain’t Bad SOX 5 CLE 2 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 9-26-21 3 Out Of 5 Ain’t Bad SOX 5 CLE 2 Postgamer

We just took three out of five in Cleveland. Nice job guys.

Gio looked good . Kopech kind of shaky, but bullpen did their job . that scoring play on the bases in the top of the 8th was a thing of beauty.

Comment

And won the season series, 10-9. Let’s close out the regular season with at least 4-2.
      (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
        We just took three out of five in Cleveland. Nice job guys.
        Good job, that was the last game ever that the White Sox played with the Cleveland Indians. Make up game tomorrow in Detroit then come home for 2 with the Reds and 3 with Detroit.
        With the playoffs coming up soon I'd really like to see the bats come alive with some consistency in these last 6 games.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-26-2021, 04:45 PM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Harwar View Post
          Gio looked good . Kopech kind of shaky, but bullpen did their job . that scoring play on the bases in the top of the 8th was a thing of beauty.
          I really enjoyed that play as well. I’ve always thought that with runners on 1st and 3rd, the runner on 1st should take off if he is skilled in prolonging a rundown. It was clear to me that was Tim’s plan all along. Well done.
          (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Worried about Eloy- wondering if any of this fatigue or an issue with the injury recovery? He's seems to be trying to pull everything- versus going the other way. Now hitting .192 in September (.172 over his last 7) with an OPS < Billy Hamilton, and the lowest of anyone getting any playing time except Goodwin.
            #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Winning a 5 game series on the road should be a boost for our guys heading into the Playoffs. I hope at least. Giolito is making a strong case for being Game 1 starter. Will be interesting how the Sox line them up.

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
                Worried about Eloy- wondering if any of this fatigue or an issue with the injury recovery? He's seems to be trying to pull everything- versus going the other way. Now hitting .192 in September (.172 over his last 7) with an OPS < Billy Hamilton, and the lowest of anyone getting any playing time except Goodwin.
                Goodwin may have played his last game for the Sox. He was placed on the 10d IL.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzyCyclist View Post
                  And won the season series, 10-9. Let’s close out the regular season with at least 4-2.
                  That would give us 92 for the year. Not as many as I hope for but still a good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzyCyclist View Post

I really enjoyed that play as well. I’ve always thought that with runners on 1st and 3rd, the runner on 1st should take off if he is skilled in prolonging a rundown. It was clear to me that was Tim’s plan all along. Well done.
                    Cleveland made a horrible play. You learn in Little League never to throw behind a runner.

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
                      He had a sharply hit two-RBI single today.

Comment

Nice to win a road series. Even nicer it appears nobody got hurt during the game especially Giolito.

And I guess maybe Kimbrel isn't completely "fixed" yet.

Three (actually four with the tiebreaker) behind Houston with six to play.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post

He had a sharply hit two-RBI single today.
                          He is what they call "in-between" on his swing. Its a tough thing to work yourself out of.

Comment

Sox need to win at least 2 of their last 6 games to reach the 90-win mark for the first time in 15 years (2006). Since then, they won 89 games in 2008, 88 games in 2010, and 85 games in 2012. Last year's .583 winning pct was a 94-win pace over 162 games.
                            White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

In the meantime, if we can win today, we will only be 2 1/2 games behind the Astros . they have really been scuffling lately, and even though Houston finishes at home, they play the Rays (have won 4 in a row) and the A's (have won 3 in a row) . the Reds have been playing well, and the Tigers can be tough at times, but there's no reason that we can't catch and pass the Astros . i'm just glad that we are not playing the Cardinals right now . Man, that team is out of control.

Comment

Working...
                              X