*Official 9/25 A Big Zero...*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official 9/25 A Big Zero...*

Can't win if you can't score even if it is against a garbage pitcher with a losing record and a high ERA.

1 run scored in the last 18 innings. The offense has now scored three runs or less in nine of their last 13 games and going back farther 14 of 25. That's totally unacceptable.

Seven games left to get their **** together.

Now every time a member of the big four in the rotation takes the mound you hold your breath. Rodon and his shoulder, Lynn and his knee, Giolito's hamstring and Cease gets the comebacker just above his pitching elbow.

This is like the final weeks of 2000 when after the Sox were eliminated by Seattle, Manuel was honest and said if the Sox somehow won that series he had no idea who could pitch in the next round, everyone it seemed has some kind of issue.

Kopech may loom larger than anyone thought going into this season.
    Last edited by Lipman 1; 09-26-2021, 01:22 AM.

I don't understand why these guys constantly go into slumps. Something is fundamentally wrong.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

It's not like 2000. Those guys' arms were shredded.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
        It's not like 2000. Those guys' arms were shredded.
        Shredded arm, tweaked hamstring, gimpy knee - can't pitch means can't pitch.

In any event, I'm less worried about the pitching staff than I am about the (seemingly) healthy but almost totally inept offense.
        My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Keep in mind: These games don't mean a thing.

Comment

That much has been clear.
            My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
              I don't understand why these guys constantly go into slumps. Something is fundamentally wrong.
              Ya know Nell, I’m as as you. These players are in the bigs because they supposedly have above average bat control and have somewhat mastered that art above their peers. I get slumps, but when those roll around you get back to the basics and concentrate on becoming a contact hitter. Not as pretty as swinging from your heels, but put the damn ball in play somewhere and let the chips fall where they may. Nows the time to attempt the bunts, hit and runs, going the opposite way and spraying the ball over the infield. If you don’t give a damn if you win or lose these games because the Division is wrapped up, then atleast go out there and work on some situational baseball, so when the playoffs roll around you’re comfortable up there in the box and not squeezing the sawdust out of the bat.

With this lineup it should have never turned into a feast or famine situation. Sure I love Home Runs just as much as the next guy, but I’ll also take a game full of well placed singles and doubles over the course of a game that leaves a rut of footsteps in the base paths and makes the scoreboard operator earn his paycheck having to flip more than one switch.

Again, if these guys are sandbagging they should be nominated for a ****ing Oscar, cause they are giving one hell of a performance.

BK59

Comment

Houston has lost 3 in a row . we could have been just 2 games behind them . home field is huge for this team . for the first time, i'm starting to have a bad feeling about what's coming.

Comment

This team is an enigma. The Sox OPS is 8th best in baseball but they hit into double plays and are 4th worse in all baseball. The strange thing is the Astros and Yankees are even worse. They appear unable to hit any pitcher with an ERA above 6.
                  I even hate to make this comparison, but our Sox remind me of the Cubs. The Cubs had all these "stars" but in the last few years, they couldn't score runs. There must be something in the air in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    The strange thing is the Astros and Yankees are even worse. They appear unable to hit any pitcher with an ERA above 6.
                    Astros managed three hits last night, same as the Sox. I'm sure fans on astrosinteractive.com are going nuts too.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

Astros managed three hits last night, same as the Sox. I'm sure fans on astrosinteractive.com are going nuts too.
                      They all go nuts, they just aren’t as profound in their assessment as the Sages at WSI.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

Ya know Nell, I’m as as you. These players are in the bigs because they supposedly have above average bat control and have somewhat mastered that art above their peers. I get slumps, but when those roll around you get back to the basics and concentrate on becoming a contact hitter. Not as pretty as swinging from your heels, but put the damn ball in play somewhere and let the chips fall where they may. Nows the time to attempt the bunts, hit and runs, going the opposite way and spraying the ball over the infield. If you don’t give a damn if you win or lose these games because the Division is wrapped up, then atleast go out there and work on some situational baseball, so when the playoffs roll around you’re comfortable up there in the box and not squeezing the sawdust out of the bat.

With this lineup it should have never turned into a feast or famine situation. Sure I love Home Runs just as much as the next guy, but I’ll also take a game full of well placed singles and doubles over the course of a game that leaves a rut of footsteps in the base paths and makes the scoreboard operator earn his paycheck having to flip more than one switch.

Again, if these guys are sandbagging they should be nominated for a ****ing Oscar, cause they are giving one hell of a performance.

BK59
                        You have it figured out. The situation makes you yearn for some smallball when it's needed, but this team doesn't seem to know what that is. You have to put some of the blame on the manager.
                        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

They all go nuts, they just aren’t as profound in their assessment as the Sages at WSI.
                          You got to wonder why we follow sports. There are a few times of joy and celebration and the majority of time screaming at our tv sets.

Comment

You got to wonder why we follow sports. There are a few times of joy and celebration and the majority of time screaming at our tv sets.
                            I enjoy the individual games for the competition. Having seen all my favorite teams and some peripheral teams win championships in my lifetime I have less angst about season outcomes.
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

This team is an enigma. The Sox OPS is 8th best in baseball but they hit into double plays and are 4th worse in all baseball. The strange thing is the Astros and Yankees are even worse. They appear unable to hit any pitcher with an ERA above 6.
                              I even hate to make this comparison, but our Sox remind me of the Cubs. The Cubs had all these "stars" but in the last few years, they couldn't score runs. There must be something in the air in Chicago.
                              Either that or the water.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                              X