Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 American League Central Division Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 American League Central Division Champions!

Been a long time, Sox fans! Let's celebrate the moment!

(Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Well played today.
      Pretty weird to clinch in the middle of a double header.

Comment

History!!!

Comment

Many Sox fans, myself included, were dreading this 5-game series in Cleveland. The Sox dominated Game 1 from the beginning and now the other 4 games don't matter at all.

The Sox have only won the division 4 times before in my life, and I was too little to know about 1993. Hopefully before this decade is done, this can become a routine and meaningless thing to us, like it is in some other cities.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

Wow! Did not expect that with the way they've been playing. Baseball is a beautiful game and to win the division in a 162 game grind is reason to celebrate. What a joyous day!!

Comment

Feels great to be AL Central Champs again. We endured some terrible seasons to get to this point. I know our fanbase can be cynical and salty but I encourage everyone to try to enjoy the ride. This has been a fun season and hopefully they aren't done giving us thrills yet. GO SOX!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS to the CHICAGO WHITE SOX on becoming the 2021 American League Central Division Champions . after these next few games, there's no more ****ing around . time to cinch it up and hunker down, and get the job done.

Comment

Thank you, WS for showing up together with the fire power and usual solid pitching.

Comment

I'm very happy! Great to see them clinch, and I got to see it live since I'm retired.

Comment

Wow! I've been waiting for this. I mentioned to my wife that I was an Army Major of two years the last time the Sox won the Division in the "Blackout" game. Now I am a Colonel and one week away from retirement! What a great gift, Sox! Thanks for an exciting season, and we all await wins in the playoffs.

Comment

Congratulations to the whole organization on this accomplishment. Division titles don't come frequently enough to discount no matter what the circumstances.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                          All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                          Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

Congrats to our White Sox, first time in their long history they will be in postseason play 2 years in a row. The team that showed up today is what we need to see in the playoffs. 10 games left in the season, get healthy and stay healthy.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                              X