Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 9/21/21; Lineup Stinks Like Murder City Kitty Litter DET 5 SOX 3 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 9/21/21; Lineup Stinks Like Murder City Kitty Litter DET 5 SOX 3 Postgamer

I’m told we should all be excited that our hitters are making all this exciting weak contact!

I guess they are saving it up for the postseason games.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
      I’m told we should all be excited that our hitters are making all this exciting weak contact!
      Don't know who's saying that, but I know this: We have a lot of problems, and they're coming at a really bad time.

Comment

Well.. the desultory, inept, play continues.

12 hits (five of which are doubles), six walks and they only score three runs again.

How about the bullpen friends and neighbors?

By the numbers:

Sox are now 31-31 since the break...
        They are now 2-7-1 in road series since the break...
        Have lost five of the last eight to teams with losing records...
        Have scored three runs or less in 10 of the last 17 games...
        Since the break they are now 9-16 vs. Royals (3-7), Twins (3-4), Angels (1-2), Rangers (2-1) and Tigers (0-2)...all teams with losing records. Throw in the Indians and they are 11-17.

Have 11 games left to get their **** together.

(And some wonder why many Sox fans are a cynical bunch)
        Last edited by Lipman 1; 09-21-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

This really pisses me off. We are not playing the Dodgers or Giants or Blue Jays. We can't beat Detroit. Seriously!!! This team does not look like they are hungry for a championship. They seem like they are just going through the motions.

Comment

I'm really starting to wonder if this is the team that we will see come Oct 7th . if so, them we are in deep trouble.

Comment

I've seen this movie before <shorts White Sox stock>...

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                This really pisses me off. We are not playing the Dodgers or Giants or Blue Jays. We can't beat Detroit. Seriously!!! This team does not look like they are hungry for a championship. They seem like they are just going through the motions.
                They've been going through the motions based on their record since mid-July.

Comment

Why was Fry pitching the 7th? Just can't understand that one. Pretty pathetic all around...6 left on base from Eloy. Glad he got a hit in the 9th but how about when there are some RISP? And again after taking a 2-0 lead Keuchel cannot shut down the Detroit offense. Really bad game! Grr.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                    Well.. the desultory, inept, play continues.

12 hits (five of which are doubles), six walks and they only score three runs again.

How about the bullpen friends and neighbors?

By the numbers:

Sox are now 31-31 since the break...
                    They are now 2-7-1 in road series since the break...
                    Have lost five of the last eight to teams with losing records...
                    Have scored three runs or less in 10 of the last 17 games...
                    Since the break they are now 11-17 vs. Royals, Twins, Angels, Rangers and Tigers...all teams with losing records.

Have 11 games left to get their **** together.

(And some wonder why many Sox fans are a cynical bunch)
                    You don't need all those numbers to know this team is not playing well. If I didn't know better, these numbers would indicate they're not heading to the playoffs.

Comment

A shame for our hitters to waste a rare "good" start by Keuchel. Good is in quotes, even though he allowed only 2 runs, because his box score is hilarious: 5 IP, 11 hits and a walk.
                      My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

After soft-tossing lefty Keuchel gets drilled, bring in soft-tossing lefty Fry to get drilled.
                        13 hits and only 3 runs.
                        I hope this limping into the playoffs isn't all there is to this "window."

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

You don't need all those numbers to know this team is not playing well. If I didn't know better, these numbers would indicate they're not heading to the playoffs.
                          If those numbers don't change quickly they aren't going to be around in the playoffs for very long.

Comment

Go, Kansas City!

Now I need a shower.

Steve Stone says the playoffs are a different story altogether, and the two are not related. He mentioned 2005, and how bad the Sox finished up that season then went 11-1 in the playoffs to win it all.

Hope he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by WSox597 View Post
                              Go, Kansas City!

Now I need a shower.

Steve Stone says the playoffs are a different story altogether, and the two are not related. He mentioned 2005, and how bad the Sox finished up that season then went 11-1 in the playoffs to win it all.

Hope he's right.
                              The Sox won their last five in a row and eight of their last 10, heading into the post season that year. Three from the Twins, two from the Tigers and three from the Indians.

Just sayin' Steve...

And the White Sox themselves as recently as Giolito on Sunday talked about how last year after the clinched they let down and it cost them.

This year it seems they are letting down before they clinch.

Comment

Working...
                              X