Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Rodon News...

Thought the deserved its own thread.

TLR announced this morning that "fingers crossed" Rodon would make his next start next week at home vs. the Reds:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-s...s-reds-tuesday

From TLR's comments if he has any arm issues you get the sense his future playoff availability will be in doubt.

Please, please be true. We need Carlos at his best.

Comment

Losing Rodon will be akin to losing Lynn in the play-offs and their chance to win the AL let alone the World Series will be much lower. They can plug in Cease at #3 and ought to be able to go with three starting pitchers for the play-offs so all is not lost but Rodon is an ACE when right just as Lynn is. It will be up for the pitching to carry the White Sox because I do not trust this line-up anymore to drive in runs. I hope that I am wrong but this team has not played good baseball for a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
        Thought the deserved its own thread.

TLR announced this morning that "fingers crossed" Rodon would make his next start next week at home vs. the Reds:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-s...s-reds-tuesday

From TLR's comments if he has any arm issues you get the sense his future playoff availability will be in doubt.
        Interesting. I feel like it would make more sense to just give him rest until the playoffs and see what he can give you for game 3. It appears that he has very little left in the tank for this year and I'd rather him use it when it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
          I feel like it would make more sense to just give him rest until the playoffs and see what he can give you for game 3.
          I suspect that leaving a pitcher idle from game conditions for 17 days is not the recipe for a successful playoff run. TLR needs to see what Carlos has once more in a real game. Anyway, I'm going to that game and I'd rather see Carlos than some AAA call-up.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

I suspect that leaving a pitcher idle from game conditions for 17 days is not the recipe for a successful playoff run. TLR needs to see what Carlos has once more in a real game. Anyway, I'm going to that game and I'd rather see Carlos than some AAA call-up.
            If Rodon can't go I suspect you'll see Cease.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

True enough. He has been pretty good against the Astros this year so would be really nice to see him be healthy and able to go for one of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

True enough. He has been pretty good against the Astros this year so would be really nice to see him be healthy and able to go for one of the games.
                Game #3 in Chicago where he pitched well and beat them in July.

Comment

Working...
                X