Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official 9-18 They Lost to the Texas Rangers..."

Nothing witty, nothing clever.

They only got three hits tonight including against a starter who was winless with an ERA of seven and a half.

Since the break the Sox are now 8-14 against the Royals, Twins, Angels and Rangers.

8-14.

I know of no universe where anybody thinks those teams are good.

For the last four Sundays if I remember right, TLR trotted out his "spring training/get-a-way day" line up. I assume he'll do so tomorrow.

The Sox are 1-6-1 in road series since the break, we'll see if they can actually win one against one of the worst teams in baseball.

This team is so GD frustrating.

But hey, "when we get everybody back...you'll see!"

Not only did they lose to the Rangers but with Lynn starting...it's truly unbelievable. The offense cannot seem to find a consistent groove. Maybe it's the ever changing line-ups. Really need to get it figured out ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
      Not only did they lose to the Rangers but with Lynn starting...it's truly unbelievable. The offense cannot seem to find a consistent groove. Maybe it's the ever changing line-ups. Really need to get it figured out ASAP.
      I certainly think the "musical chairs" lineups have something to do with it myself. They're got 15 games to get their heads out of their asses and play up to their capabilities.

Comment

No way were we going to win this game with TLR serving his 1 game suspension. Not to worry as he will back today with a lineup which is guaranteed to result in another victory and series win on the road.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-19-2021, 07:31 AM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
          No way were we going to wih this game with TLR serving his 1 game suspension. Not too worry as he will back today with a lineup which is guaranteed to result in another victory and series win on the road.
          Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t good teams win whether their manager is present or not? Last time I checked the Manager doesn’t pitch, hit, nor play the field. I’m LOVING the 11 game lead and the dwindling magic number, but Molly O’Malley they frustrate the piss out of me when they corpseball against teams they should be taking out behind the shed for a good ass whooping. I’m really getting tired of watching them look like a steaming pile against pitchers who are still wet behind the ears and have ERA’s that would make great bowling scores.

I guess today will be another 1 run affair where they will leave 8-15 stranded on the pillows and the 3rd out in the 9th will be recorded on a long fly to the warning track with the bases loaded. That, or pitchforking for night crawlers on an Uncle Charlie 4 feet out of the strike boring towards China.

BK59

Comment

There were a bunch of bad luck hard hit balls that would have changed the outcome of this game, but unfortunately all found gloves. Too bad the Sox couldn't make their own good luck by steering those hard hit balls into gaps, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
              There were a bunch of bad luck hard hit balls that would have changed the outcome of this game, but unfortunately all found gloves. Too bad the Sox couldn't make their own good luck by steering those hard hit balls into gaps, or something.
              This is a really good point. Earlier in the season the Sox had a lot of good luck on batted balls. It’s clear that one of the factors of their inconsistency here in the second half is their team BABIP regressing to the mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                It’s clear that one of the factors of their inconsistency here in the second half is their team BABIP regressing to the mean.
                On these frustrating days where every hard hit ball turns into an out, it seems to be regressing beyond the mean into pure bad luck BABIP.

Comment

On these frustrating days where every hard hit ball turns into an out, it seems to be regressing beyond the mean into pure bad luck BABIP.
                  Yes, I agree it’s not pure luck that determines BABIP.

It seems clear to me that opposing pitchers have learned how to exploit certain tendencies in Sox hitters’ approaches.

Coupled with the league-wide trend in recent years in which teams position their fielders precisely (not only through radical shifts) to take away base hits, and it results in fewer runs being scored through the stacking of multiple hits.

So teams are happy to pitch around the top of the Sox lineup and let them reach via singles and walks, because they know they can probably get Abreu or Eloy to GIDP. Or, they are happy to let Abreu and Eloy get on base via HBP, walk, or single, because they know they can probably get the bottom of the order out.

Comment

September slash lines for some of our key hitters- the first 4 have an OPS < Billy Hamilton.

I don't think it's the "Sunday line ups" that are hurting us- it's 5 of our every day regulars ****ting the bed (Vaughn and TA could be related to health issues/recovering from IL stint, etc.)

Vaughn .048/.091/.048
                    Eloy .188/.278/.229
                    Goodwin .231/.355/.231
                    TA .231/.286/.308
                    Abreu .226/.358/.358
                    #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
                      September slash lines for some of our key hitters- the first 4 have an OPS < Billy Hamilton.

I don't think it's the "Sunday line ups" that are hurting us- it's 5 of our every day regulars ****ting the bed (Vaughn and TA could be related to health issues/recovering from IL stint, etc.)

Vaughn .048/.091/.048
                      Eloy .188/.278/.229
                      Goodwin .231/.355/.231
                      TA .231/.286/.308
                      Abreu .226/.358/.358
                      Yes. Agreed. Abreu and Eloy repeatedly are failing to drive in critical runs. Perhaps they both should hit lower in the order. Get Robert and Grandal up top.

Comment

Drew 7 walks and didn't plate any of them.

In Lynn's last eight starts, he is 0-2 with 6 no decisions, despite reasonable numbers: 42 1/3 IP, 38 H, 19 R (18 ER), 12 BB, 51 K, 3.83 ERA, 1.181 WHIP.
                        I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

I noticed that too. The TX defense was very solid. They made some great picks. But the bottom line is we didn't drive runners home.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, we are 1 game over .500 since the ASB. Not exactly championship caliber play.

Comment

Yeah they drilled some pitches that found mitts. Moncada missed a GW HR by a millimeter on the bat barrel. I thought it was gone when I watched it live. Bad BABIP night that’s all.
                              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X