Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 9/17 Texas Eight-Step Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 9/17 Texas Eight-Step Postgamer

    That division title creeps a little closer to reality.

  • #2
    Romy and Luis with big nights. Second tier of the pen throws four scoreless.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice night from Cease, a lot of doubles, doing what they should against a bad team.

      Only bad thing is Houston just walked off Arizona after a bases-loaded HBP.
      I want my $2

      I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

      If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

      Comment


      • #4
        That was a dominant performance tonight, exactly what the Sox should be doing against terrible teams. Maybe it's the start of a run.

        12th shutout tossed this season so far by the pitching staff.

        Robert is really coming on, guy is going to be a monster in another year or so if he can stay healthy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
          That division title creeps a little closer to reality.
          On the 38th anniversary of this game:
          White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
            Romy and Luis with big nights. Second tier of the pen throws four scoreless.
            I got a really good feeling about Romy for the future. Just looks like he belongs and the stage is not too big for him.

            Cease needs to be more frugal with pitches but other than that great night. He could have gone 6 if the game were tighter or more meaningful.

            Sooo many doubles…





            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post

              On the 38th anniversary of this game:
              I was there! I was 10 years old, and my dad bought the tickets in April. We went to one game a year in September for his birthday.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                Robert is really coming on, guy is going to be a monster in another year or so if he can stay healthy.
                Agreed, but his season slash line this year (in 56 games) is:
                .354 AVG .389 OBP .555 SLG .944 OPS
                To me, that’s already monstrous. 😀

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

                  Agreed, but his season slash line this year (in 56 games) is:
                  .354 AVG .389 OBP .555 SLG .944 OPS
                  To me, that’s already monstrous. 😀
                  Exactly, any better and it would be Godzilla like.
                  Now we need Eloy to become a monster which I'm sure is going to happen.
                  Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-18-2021, 07:33 AM.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hitmen77 View Post

                    On the 38th anniversary of this game:
                    Being out of the country for most of that summer, i missed everything . it wasn't until long after, that i heard what had happened against Baltimore . hoping for better results this time . also, Robert is becoming everything that i had hoped for in a center fielder.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Love seeing eight runs without a homer.

                      2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

                        Agreed, but his season slash line this year (in 56 games) is:
                        .354 AVG .389 OBP .555 SLG .944 OPS
                        To me, that’s already monstrous. 😀
                        Best player on a team aspiring for greatness.
                        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                          That was a dominant performance tonight, exactly what the Sox should be doing against terrible teams. Maybe it's the start of a run.

                          12th shutout tossed this season so far by the pitching staff.

                          Robert is really coming on, guy is going to be a monster in another year or so if he can stay healthy.
                          When Sheets and Vaughn get more advanced in their development, this team will be FEARSOME.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

                            When Sheets and Vaughn get more advanced in their development, this team will be FEARSOME.
                            Burger is another guy we might want to add to the mix with Cepedes not too far behind.
                            Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-18-2021, 09:08 AM.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chez View Post
                              Love seeing eight runs without a homer.
                              That’s what I call baseball. Reminded me of the old arcade flipper game of my youth when those metal runners circled around the bases with every flap of that flipper. Now let’s string together a good run before we start thumping the bad guys in the playoffs.

                              BK59

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X