*OFFICIAL* 9/12/21; Leury Sunday Walkoff SOX 2 BOS 1 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 9/12/21; Leury Sunday Walkoff SOX 2 BOS 1 Postgamer

With a big assist from Milwaukee, our magic number shrunk by 5 this weekend. Meanwhile, we did major damage to Boston’s wild card lead.

It’s our ninth walkoff win of the 2021 season.

Comment

Kimbrel continues to be maddening, but I can't argue with a tough series win against a good team.

Comment

I think the argument that Leury is taking a roster spot that belongs to someone else will have to wait another year. What a clutch swing on 0-2!

Comment

Little Leury saves the day after an ugly top of the 9th.
          That was like a playoff game except Kimbrel forgot about it but he gets the win.
          I hope Lynn is OK, tweaked his knee and limped off after the top of the 5th.
          Magic number down to 9.
          Angels up next, I'll take winning 2 out of the 3.
          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-12-2021, 04:26 PM.
          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Lynn with a strong but short outing coming back. 5 IP, 2 H, 9 K.

Kimbrel wasn't help out by Robert taking a bad route to the Hernandez liner, but him walking the bases loaded set up the sac fly to tie it.

And is there a member of the Sox who has done whatever has been asked of him more than Leury? 49 RBI's this season.
            I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Like Steve Stone said, this has been the most playoff-like series to date . pretty exciting and stressful games . i'll never make it through the real deal . MN - single digits !!

Comment

The 12-game division lead, the magic number of 9, and the upcoming schedule, together now give the Sox a decent chance to clinch the division before we even visit Cleveland.

Sox upcoming schedule:
                3 v. LAA .493
                3 @ TEX .369
                3 @ DET .472

Cleveland upcoming schedule:
                3 @ MIN (including DH) .444
                3 @ NY .556
                4 v. KC (including DH) .451

Even if Cleveland goes 6-4, the Sox only have to go 5-4, to have clinched this before the 9/23 doubleheader.

Comment

Somehow Kimbrel has morphed back into his 2019/2020 version after being unhittable until 7/31 this year. This is really about as aggravating as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Allen View Post
                    Somehow Kimbrel has morphed back into his 2019/2020 version after being unhittable until 7/31 this year. This is really about as aggravating as I can remember.
                    Yes, but Robert didn't help him out any with that bad route. Bases empty one out might have been a different scenario.

Comment

Bucky Dent. Aaron Boone. Leury Garcia.
                      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                      -- Thucydides

Comment

Well... um... THAT was unexpected, but VERY COOL!

I mean first Kimbrel blows another save then Eloy K's meekly, then Grandal goes down swinging and Leury's in the hole 0-2 against a guy thowing.97+ MPH bee-bee's and they're showing Wright warming up and I'm sure I'm not the only Sox fan screaming NOOOOOOO! at the TV set and then BOOM! I mean you knew it was well hit off the bat but it was to straight away center. Then the CF is sprinting back full speed. It was like time was frozen until he jumped sadly at the wall only to see the baseball clear it by 10 feet.

LITTLE LEURY!

We got more bananas than magic numbers left...
                        Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I honestly was thinking right before the pitch that Leury would hit a HR if he got a hittable pitch. The Sox are now set up to clinch before even going to Cleveland if both teams lose 4 games before then.
                          (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Allen View Post
                            Somehow Kimbrel has morphed back into his 2019/2020 vback.ersion after being unhittable until 7/31 this year. This is really about as aggravating as I can remember.
                            I want Madrigal back but somehow keep Tepera, he's been decent.
                            Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-12-2021, 04:39 PM.
                            Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

After Leury's terrible at bat last night in extras, redemption today. Gotta love baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X