*Official* 9/9 Kill the Coliseum Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/9 Kill the Coliseum Postgamer

The Sox are a good team. Just not in the Bay Area.

Our #5 and our #6 starters, on consecutive days, had quality starts against a good team on the road. Too bad our offense didn't show up to see it.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Well…at least they didn’t get swept.

No, I’m not being facetious. Given the starting rotation situation and the emaciated lineup TLR is trotting out there, I though there was a good chance they’d get swept.

By the Numbers:

White Sox are 26-25 since the All-Star Break…
      White Sox are 1-6-1 in road series since the All-Star break…
      White Sox are now 10-19 for the year on the road vs. teams that currently have a winning record. (13-9 at home)
      White Sox have scored three runs or less in four of their last six games.

22 games remaining before the postseason.
      Last edited by Lipman 1; 09-09-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

No, I’m not being facetious. Given the starting rotation situation and the emaciated lineup TLR is trotting out there, I though there was a good chance they’d get swept.

By the Numbers:

White Sox are now 10-19 for the year on the road vs. teams that currently have a winning record. (13-9 at home)

21 games remaining before the postseason.
        That's how I view it also. Its amazing to me that so many guys on this team just go into the tank offensively together. And not against always top flite pitchers either. My worst nightmare is Anderson coming back and not hitting. The impact of him on this team is immense. So many guys are swinging at so many high fastballs and chasing junk it is ridiculous. And I am really worried about Jimenez and his injury. His leg took an unbelievable shot to it and there was no meat where it hit. That could be trouble and without him to protect Abreu, Abreu is not the same hitter nor is the line-up.

Comment

Or, getaway day with a magic number of 14. Just get in the tournament.

Comment

4-3 against a pretty good team this year.

Let's start an 11 game winning streak Oct. 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
              4-3 against a pretty good team this year.

Let's start an 11 game winning streak Oct. 4th.
              That would be nice but my expectations are more realistic.

Just win a game, don't get swept, make it a series. Anything over and above that is gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Of Prey View Post

That's how I view it also. Its amazing to me that so many guys on this team just go into the tank offensively together. And not against always top flite pitchers either. My worst nightmare is Anderson coming back and not hitting. The impact of him on this team is immense. So many guys are swinging at so many high fastballs and chasing junk it is ridiculous. And I am really worried about Jimenez and his injury. His leg took an unbelievable shot to it and there was no meat where it hit. That could be trouble and without him to protect Abreu, Abreu is not the same hitter nor is the line-up.
                Supposedly Jimenez is playing Friday. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

By the Numbers:

22 games remaining before the postseason.
                  https://twitter.com/SoxMach_pnoles/s...361280512?s=19

Comment

I guess we'll find out in about five weeks unless the Sox get some home field won't we?

His opinion is really not worth more than anybody else's in my opinion.

Comment

I’ve resigned myself to to believe this is a .500 team going into the playoffs. Being a .500 team I’m hoping they win their last game this year.

BK59
                      Last edited by BigKlu59; 09-10-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
                        I’ve resigned myself to to believe this is a .500 team going into the playoffs. Being a .500 team I’m hoping they win their last game this year.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

After the All Star break they’ve pretty much validated those numbers. Doesn’t mean they won’t go far in the in the playoffs, just may do the one step forward one step back one step forward here on out.

BK59

Comment

Working...
                          X