*Official* 9/8 Not Awesome in Oakland Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/8 Not Awesome in Oakland Postgamer

Dallas actually was decent tonight, but the bats went missing again. At least Cleveland lost, so that's one more off the magic number.

Didn't expect to win Tuesday with Lambert starting...

Didn't expect to win tonight with Keuchel starting...

Given that they DID win last night, I figure I'm ahead of the game, and Cleveland lost again to a terrible Twins team so there's that.

Magic number is down to #14.

Sox by the way are 1-5-1 in road series since the All-Star break, maybe they can win one tomorrow. We'll see.

Sox are now 10-18 on the road against teams that as of tonight have a winning record for the season.

Comment

Quote of the Night: “I don’t know what it is, to be honest; it’s really just soreness. I know you’re tired of hearing that, but that’s just what it is. I feel like it’s going away. Hopefully I can get back in there pretty soon.” - Tim Anderson.

The White Sox are saying its hamstring issues so who really knows, apparently he took BP before the game tonight.

TLR also said tonight that the Sox are not resting guys to give them a break (Anderson, Rodon, Lynn, Giolito, Jimenez) but because they are hurt. He said if they were well they'd be playing because, "We aren't comfortable with out lead (in the division)"

Comment

Seems like we are having way to many corpse-ball games lately. Offense just can't get on a roll, very inconsistent.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-09-2021, 06:24 AM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Offense didn't show up to work. Dallas did. What can you say, tough luck loss for him giving up only 1 run.
          "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
          -- Thucydides

Comment

Montas is one of the top pitchers in the AL, especially after the All Star break- get the win today, I'll take 2/3 in the "House of Horrors" any day of the week. Andrew Vaughn down to .194 last 30 games, .125 last 15, .074 last 7- he's really fallen into the abyss.
            #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

Corpse-ball with injured Anderson and Jiménez, and slumping Robert and Vaughn. Who would have thought?

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                Corpse-ball with injured Anderson and Jiménez, and slumping Robert and Vaughn. Who would have thought?
                Robert had 2 hits the previous night and 7 hits in the 3 games leading up to this one, and all of a sudden he's in a slump?

I only watched the first few innings before going to bed, but Keuchel looked a lot better than he has lately. He was hitting his spots and fooling guys, which is somewhat encouraging.

The rest of it I just chalk up to a bad night on the road against a solid pitcher. Hopefully ReyLo bounces back from his last outing and they can take the series tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the day game.

Comment

Keuchel looked a lot better last night. I'm glad for that. The offense going dormant is another question, although Montas pitched very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                    Sox by the way are 1-5-1 in road series since the All-Star break, maybe they can win one tomorrow. We'll see.

Sox are now 10-18 on the road against teams that as of tonight have a winning record for the season.
                    None of those games were playoff games. They really don't show up on the Concern Radar.

Comment

I find these numbers to be interesting, but only mildly concerning. If the Sox don't have home field advantage for a playoff series all it takes is one road victory per series to get it back.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                      All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                      Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post
                        None of those games were playoff games. They really don't show up on the Concern Radar.
                        To each his own.

Comment

To each his own.
                          My point is that when the playoff start, everyone is 0-0.

I am only interested in seeing the White Sox win 11 more games and none of them are taking place before October 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

My point is that when the playoff start, everyone is 0-0.

I am only interested in seeing the White Sox win 11 more games and none of them are taking place before October 4th.
                            I mean, I have 3 more games in my ticket package. It'd be nice if they can try and win those too.

Comment

Originally posted by StanBahnsen72 View Post
                              Montas is one of the top pitchers in the AL, especially after the All Star break- get the win today, I'll take 2/3 in the "House of Horrors" any day of the week. Andrew Vaughn down to .194 last 30 games, .125 last 15, .074 last 7- he's really fallen into the abyss.
                              Vaughn probably has "hit the wall" and hopefully get his second wind by the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X