*Official* 9/7 Awesome in Oakland Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 9/7 Awesome in Oakland Postgamer

Congrats to Jimmy Lambert on his first big-league win. Everyone else, well done, also.

Sweet win. Great to see some of the bench guys come up with big hits to give the Sox some breathing room. Hope the guys who took a beating tonight are okay.

Congrats to Jimmy.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Poor Andrew Vaughn - the only thing he hit tonight was Eloy's knee! I love the kid, and I know he's got a bright future with the Sox, but he's really wearing it right now...
      My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Just thinking here, when Yas took that walk to drive in a run, the last 2 pitches were just off the plate and very hittable. If he was looking to drive in runs, he could have served either of them into RF and picked up a couple. Luis failing to pick up a ball bouncing to him? Our outfield coach was famous for it.
        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

An unexpected win in my book. We'll take it.

Lambert pitched extremely well and the Sox needed it.

Some clutch hits tonight.

Gives them a chance to take the series Tuesday or Wednesday, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post
            Poor Andrew Vaughn - the only thing he hit tonight was Eloy's knee! I love the kid, and I know he's got a bright future with the Sox, but he's really wearing it right now...
            Yes, he definitely is struggling recently. And it has affected his season slash line with RISP:
            .196 .263 .275 .537
            I’m pretty confident he’s going to have a long and productive major league career, but he’s hit a wall toward the end of his first full professional season.

Comment

I’m extremely pleased for a win in Oakland with a rookie callup getting the start.

That said, leaving 13 runners on base is an ongoing problem. I keep telling myself that in the playoffs, we should have our best hitters in the lineup every game.

Incidentally, most of the Sox hitters are above league average in ground ball rate. They need to figure out how to adjust to how opposing pitchers are pitching them, because it’s a team-wide problem.

What is most fascinating about last night’s game is that both Goodwin’s and Sheets’ RBI hits came against LHP. That tells me that opposing teams don’t yet have a “book” on how LH pitchers should pitch to those two particular LH hitters.

And the only Sox XBH last night were Moncada’s two doubles, and Leury’s double. All three of those hits came while batting LH vs RHP.

OTOH, there is clearly a “book” on how to pitch to Sox RH hitters, to induce ground balls and fly balls, and in particular how to keep them from hitting XBHs, and it’s up to Menechino to figure out how to counter it.

Comment

The Sox are 7-3 in their last 10 games. Over that stretch, in the AL only Toronto has a better record at 9-1. The fact that we’re gutting out wins even through the rotation is in shambles and the lineup is really struggling while also still missing two starters, says something about how TLR seems to be pushing all the right buttons.

Comment

Lambert didn't get the memo that the Sox are supposed to suck in Oakland. I hope Eloy is OK.
                  "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                  -- Thucydides

Comment

Really nice win. Could do without Jose and Eloy taking shots off the kneecap though. As others have mentioned we left a lot of runs out there especially in the first few innings with the bags loaded. All is well that ends well though. Now take the series.

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post
                      Yep- now hitting .196 with .314 SLG over his last 30 games.
                      #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

A team that struggles against a pitcher that they have never seen before? Ha! The shoe is on the other foot!

😁

Comment

Hernandez showed signs of coming back to life last night- both with the glove and with a few knocks.

Leury had been playing great baseball since his time out due to concussion protocol.

Abreu flashed some great leather last night.

Ever since I was a little kid listening to games in Oakland late at night on WMAQ or watching on Channel 44- that place is just a nightmare- it always feels (irrationally) like it's a dark and scary place where bad things are going to happen- at this stage- I can't even watch the bottom of the 8th or 9th "live"- I go do something else- then I fast forward through the A's at bat with one eye open waiting for the implosion. Didn't happen last night!
                          #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

Comment

It was great to see the Sox win in Oakland, which has been a house of horrors for them for years.
                            Glad to see Jimmy Lambert pitch well.
                            I hope there is no serious damage to Eloy's knee, and Jose continues to shrug off being hit by pitches.

Comment

Why is Leury even taking up one of the 26 roster spots? He should have been DFA'd long ago. Most worthless player on the Sox.
                              White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X