This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox 2021 Game Thread #11...

As we round the final turn and head down the homestretch...

Well, something has to give in Oakland, because both teams are going into that series playing terrible baseball. A's have only won 4 of their last 13 and dropped their last 4, almost putting themselves out of the playoffs (they've been passed by Seattle). Their bullpen is a mess.
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Labor Day without Sox baseball. That stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Noneck View Post
        The way guys are dropping like flies they need the off day more although the Indians do play today.

Comment

They were off Memorial Day too. Weird schedule.
          Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

They were off Memorial Day too. Weird schedule.
            Yes I think I said the same thing then. If not I thought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

The way guys are dropping like flies they need the off day more although the Indians do play today.
              I know how worried you are about the injury situation. Playoffs are a month away and a lot can happen in a month, good and bad. Nothing currently out there on the Sox injury front has decreased the Sox odds of winning the WS. They are tied for 3rd choice with Tampa behind Houston and the dodgers. Sox winning the division is a lock, no bets are being taken on the AL central.
              For years I never believed the Sox statements on injuries, including this year with Robert and Jimenez. Im now with hope we aren't getting the wool pulled over our eyes.
              Finally please stop worrying so much and enjoy having an enjoyable full season of baseball which we haven't had in it seems like forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
                Well, something has to give in Oakland, because both teams are going into that series playing terrible baseball. A's have only won 4 of their last 13 and dropped their last 4, almost putting themselves out of the playoffs (they've been passed by Seattle). Their bullpen is a mess.
                Its a great story with Seattle. their manager has got to be the manager of the Year in baseball. They had a large housecleaning and credit has to be given that team and its manager.

Comment

I know how worried you are about the injury situation. Playoffs are a month away and a lot can happen in a month, good and bad. Nothing currently out there on the Sox injury front has decreased the Sox odds of winning the WS. They are tied for 3rd choice with Tampa behind Houston and the dodgers. Sox winning the division is a lock, no bets are being taken on the AL central.
                  For years I never believed the Sox statements on injuries, including this year with Robert and Jimenez. Im now with hope we aren't getting the wool pulled over our eyes.
                  Finally please stop worrying so much and enjoy having an enjoyable full season of baseball which we haven't had in it seems like forever.
                  Noneck, we Sox fans constantly worry, it's part of our DNA. Nothing ever comes easy, look at 2005, 15 game lead shrunk to 1.5, I don't know how others handled it but I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. Here we are in 2021 and again despite a fairly big lead there is still doubt in our minds what with all these injuries, we have 2 healthy starters right now and one of them can't get anyone out. I won't rest easy until the Magic Number is ZERO.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Noneck, we Sox fans constantly worry, it's part of our DNA. Nothing ever comes easy, look at 2005, 15 game lead shrunk to 1.5, I don't know how others handled it but I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. Here we are in 2021 and again despite a fairly big lead there is still doubt in our minds what with all these injuries, we have 2 healthy starters right now and one of them can't get anyone out. I won't rest easy until the Magic Number is ZERO.
                    You arent telling me anything I already dont know. The difference is as I get closer to my final destination some things become more important to me. I convinced myself I would never have a another enjoyable, meaningful summer of enjoying White Sox baseball, maybe the surprise has changed me from the man I used to be.

Comment

You arent telling me anything I already dont know. The difference is as I get closer to my final destination some things become more important to me. I convinced myself I would never have a another enjoyable, meaningful summer of enjoying White Sox baseball, maybe the surprise has changed me from the man I used to be.
                      I've been waiting for that to happen to me, coming up on 76, not sure it's going to happen.

Comment

Noneck: I appreciate the kind words. Its very hard for me to enjoy anything when it seems this club can't go a ****ing week without players landing on the IL.

That's just the way I'm wired.

I'm just hoping they get to the finish line and can win at least a game in the post season.

Comment

It's not just 2005...remember 2003 and 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

It's not just 2005...remember 2003 and 2012?
                            ....and 64, 67, 72 and a few others.

Comment

....and 64, 67, 72 and a few others.
                              72 they really never had a real chance come September. I agree with your other two seasons though.

Comment

Working...
                              X