Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 9.5.21. A Royal Flush

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *OFFICIAL* 9.5.21. A Royal Flush

    Flushed us right down the crapper, what a pitiful performance.
    9.5 game lead as Cleveland beat the Red Sox.
    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-05-2021, 04:15 PM.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

  • #2
    Whatever. Not gonna stress out about the runs that Cease and friends gave up because when your offense once again scores 0 runs against K-****ing-C it doesn't really matter what the pitchers do.
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

    Comment


    • #3
      Glad we’re done playing these bums. I have nothing but horrible memories of playing these guys going back to the days of Cookie Rojas.

      Seems they always find a way to crap on a Sox parade.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
        Glad we’re done playing these bums. I have nothing but horrible memories of playing these guys going back to the days of Cookie Rojas.

        Seems they always find a way to crap on a Sox parade.
        Klu, you can go back to 1969 when the Royals were an expansion team and finished ahead of the Sox in the Western Division standings while winning 10 out of 18 against us. I'll never forget attending a DH on July 20th the day Apollo 11 landed on the moon and the Sox dropped both games to KC, kept asking myself how can an expansion team make us look so bad. They've been making us look bad for 52 years.
        Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-05-2021, 05:35 PM.
        Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

        Comment


        • #5
          Another corpseball effort against a garbage team.

          Another starting pitcher goes down with Rodon out again with "soreness" according to TLR.

          Seems earlier in the season every day a Sox position player was getting hurt, now it is the starting rotation.

          The baseball gods just love ****ting on the White Sox don't they?

          Pitchers getting hurt at the very worst possible time of the season.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

            Klu, you can go back to 1969 when the Royals were an expansion team and finished ahead of the Sox in the Western Division standings while winning 10 out of 18 against us. I'll never forget attending a DH on July 20th the day Apollo 11 landed on the moon and the Sox dropped both games to KC, kept asking myself how can an expansion make us look so bad. They've been making us look bad for 52 years.
            Exactly, you verified my feelings with one of the most poignant examples.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sox rotation right now is Keuchel (gaaaa!), Cease, Lopez and flotsam and jetsam.

              Comment


              • #8
                Quote of the Day:

                TLR on Rodon:

                “The smart thing is to be concerned. You don’t want to think it’s a rainbow all the time and get splashed. I didn’t really think it was that bad.

                “That’s what’s concerning, that all this should add up to where right now he would be in peak form (referring to all the time off he's had and handling between starts). You have to face the reality. He wants to be out there and he doesn’t feel it.

                “But we are optimistic. If we just get smart and back off, he’ll pitch for us.”

                I'm guessing other teams are taking note of this since he's about to become a free agent.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                  Another corpseball effort against a garbage team.

                  Another starting pitcher goes down with Rodon out again with "soreness" according to TLR.

                  Seems earlier in the season every day a Sox position player was getting hurt, now it is the starting rotation.

                  The baseball gods just love ****ting on the White Sox don't they?

                  Pitchers getting hurt at the very worst possible time of the season.
                  Spoken like a true Sox fan. I believe in the Gospel that adversity makes you stronger, but this is getting to be a little over the top. Losing positional players is one thing, but when your hurlers start dropping like frozen pigeons in February, that’s quite another situation.

                  BK59

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Stat of the Day (courtesy of DVS at the Sun-Times): The Sox are 6-7-2 in series since the All-Star break after going 16-7-6 before it.

                    25-23 since the All-Star Break.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tough to win when you're missing your starting SS, 2nd baseman, RF and catcher along with (now) 3/5's of your rotation dealing with health issues. Rodon, Anderson and Engel are all pretty concerning from my point of view- I don't think the White Sox have put together a great, solid week of baseball since early June (?), and until they do it again, it's hard to see them doing much damage in October. And now, rolling towards danger with Oakland on the road, followed by Boston and LAA.
                      #1 White Sox fan in Leland, MI

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The ninth time this year the Sox have been shut out. The inconsistency of this lineup when it comes to hitting is a major concern. It's one thing if you're going up against an ace. But this team has an annoying habit of not being able to hit worth a s&#@ against average at best pitching.

                        Their record since the break is maybe a game or two above .500. Keuchel is lost on the mound. Rodon is back on the DL. I appreciate that La Russa is auditioning for October. Thank the Lord above that the Royals aren't going to make the playoffs because the Sox would be hard pressed to beat them in a series. What does that say when we are going to have to face Houston, the Yankees, Tampa Bay in the post-season.

                        This team is floundering as we close out the regular season. Do they have the talent and/or ability to turn it up a few notches in the playoffs? I know baseball is a very strange game and that anything can happen. But things are just not trending positively for this squad. Labor day is an off day. Time to regroup and refocus on the task at hand.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                          Quote of the Day:

                          TLR on Rodon:



                          I'm guessing other teams are taking note of this since he's about to become a free agent.
                          As I said earlier in the year the sox shouldn't offer Rodon a long term contract. Let some other team get burned by an injury waiting to happen.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                            Stat of the Day (courtesy of DVS at the Sun-Times): The Sox are 6-7-2 in series since the All-Star break after going 16-7-6 before it.

                            25-23 since the All-Star Break.
                            Someone has loved abusing the mad smilie lately, even before games.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

                              Someone has loved abusing the mad smilie lately, even before games.
                              The emoji fits the situation with this team since mid-July.

                              Sox lose the season series to the rancid Royals 10-9. They won six of the first nine meetings...then promptly lost seven of the last 10.

                              Sox longest winning streak since the All-Star break: 4 games.
                              Last edited by Lipman 1; 09-05-2021, 06:18 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X