No announcement yet.

*OFFICIAL* 9/4/21; Bombs Early; Sac Flies & Singles Late; SOX 10 KC 7 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 9/4/21; Bombs Early; Sac Flies & Singles Late; SOX 10 KC 7 Postgamer

Robert, Abreu, and Grandal are carrying the team.

Eloy walked thrice but obviously hates DHing.

I think the bullpen is starting to settle itself out for holding leads: Tepera for the 6th if needed; Bummer and Kimbrel for the 7th and 8th depending on matchups, and Hendriks for the ninth.

Comment

Nice to see those guys thumping. Still giving the senior citizens here the heartburn when they let a romp turn into a run to either the medicine or liquor cabinet for a nerve tonic.

Let’s take the series and get out of Dodge. .500 against these mutts this season has been horrible.

BK59

Comment

Could have had less drama, especially with Perez, but in the end, we got the win. That magic number is getting smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
          That magic number is getting smaller.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	4ea83d860845c.image.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	45311

Comment

Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post
            Still giving the senior citizens here the heartburn when they let a romp turn into a run to either the medicine or liquor cabinet for a nerve tonic.
            Kansas City may be a garbage team, but Salvy Perez, Carlos Santana, and Whit Merrifield are not garbage players.

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post

Kansas City may be a garbage team, but Salvy Perez, Carlos Santana, and Whit Merrifield are not garbage players.
              Exactly and that is why you have to pitch very carefully to them.

Comment

Still stunned that no one offered the Royals enough to get Merrifield. .292 lifetime hitter, mostly leading off, decent base stealer, pretty solid defense.
                I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Strange game, the rancid Royals play the Sox like they are the 27 Yankees or the 75 Reds. Garbage team but the Sox just can't have an easy game against them.

Just wondering, what in the hell is wrong with Kopech now? Kopech has allowed multiple runs in three of his last six relief outings, including four Saturday, five in one inning at Toronto Aug. 26 and two in one inning against the Athletics Aug. 19. His ERA climbed from 2.72 to 4.00.

Let's hope they can win the series Sunday.
                  Last edited by Lipman 1; 09-04-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Unless, of course, they're playing Cleveland. In the three-game series prior, they combined to hit .167, score a grand total of 3 runs, and drive in 1; in the last two days, it's .347, 7 runs scored, and 6 driven in. 😡
                    My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post

Unless, of course, they're playing Cleveland. In the three-game series prior, they combined to hit .167, score a grand total of 3 runs, and drive in 1; in the last two days, it's .347, 7 runs scored, and 6 driven in. 😡
                      That’s what I’m talking about. There’s a reason they are 16 games out even with these gold chips.Seems they have a voodoo doll in the dugout when they play the Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                        Strange game, the rancid Royals play the Sox like they are the 27 Yankees or the 75 Reds. Garbage team but the Sox just can't have an easy game against them.

Just wondering, what in the hell is wrong with Kopech now? Kopech has allowed multiple runs in three of his last six relief outings, including four Saturday, five in one inning at Toronto Aug. 26 and two in one inning against the Athletics Aug. 19. His ERA climbed from 2.72 to 4.00.

Perez hit a 99 mph first pitch fastball for the HR, inside corner thigh high so it wasn't a fat pitch. Has he lost movement because of the stickum ban? Bummer OTOH, that's the guy I want to see. Three ground balls. Tepera's head on straight, that's good too. That's why we have September, to get the bullpen straightened out, and that seems to be what's happening.
                        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post

Perez hit a 99 mph first pitch fastball for the HR, inside corner thigh high so it wasn't a fat pitch. Has he lost movement because of the stickum ban? Bummer OTOH, that's the guy I want to see. Three ground balls. Tepera's head on straight, that's good too. That's why we have September, to get the bullpen straightened out, and that seems to be what's happening.
                          Relievers can get away with two pitches. When He moves to the starting rotation next year, I think he will add a change-up. He'll have to because his fast ball is pretty straight. I recommend that he sits down with Lynn and talk to him about how Lynn makes his pitch move differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                            I think the bullpen is starting to settle itself out for holding leads: Tepera for the 6th if needed; Bummer and Kimbrel for the 7th and 8th depending on matchups, and Hendriks for the ninth.
                            "Lazy Trade" Kimbrel is starting to settle in nicely as is Tepera. No complaints about the deadline trades tonight.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	200.gif Views:	1 Size:	838.3 KB ID:	45333

Nice to see Bummer starting to look like his pre-2020 injury self, too.

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Maybe Kopech has hit a wall since he missed all of 2019 and 2020? Just a guess, though his velocity is still up there.
                            Last edited by GoSoxMMV; 09-05-2021, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I think if the Sox starting pitcher pitched a perfect game, and the lineup scored 10 runs, to win Game 4 of the World Series in a sweep, some would say, “The fact that Sox hitters made 27 outs doesn’t bode well for next year” and “That starter was ridden too hard; even the manager has no confidence in the bullpen.”

Comment

Working...
                              X