*Official 9-3 Rancid Royals Do It Again...*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official 9-3 Rancid Royals Do It Again...*

That's six wins in the last eight meetings.

Yet the Indians just swept them four straight in Kansas City and have won 11 of 12.

Baseball is a funny game.

But this effort tonight was putrid.

Keuchel shockingly has completely fallen off the cliff since July started, he looks finished.

I hope TLR has a few choice words for them after tonight in that locker room.

The White Sox are now 8-9 on the year against this trash team.
    Last edited by Lipman 1; 09-04-2021, 12:38 AM.

We need to do something about Dallas, or he's going to blow the whole season.

Comment

Keuchel is likely just a tweak from getting it all together. They just have to find it. Coach Katz? Anyone? Guys have thrown slower than him and still had some success. Otherwise, learn to throw the knuckler or they're hiring at Home Depot. A trade would have been impossible considering his contract so he's still here.
      If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post
        Keuchel is likely just a tweak from getting it all together. They just have to find it. Coach Katz? Anyone? Guys have thrown slower than him and still had some success. Otherwise, learn to throw the knuckler or they're hiring at Home Depot. A trade would have been impossible considering his contract so he's still here.
        It takes years to learn and master the knuckler.

If Lopez pitches well Saturday (assuming they even play) he goes into the rotation and Keuchel goes to the bullpen for mop up duty. I can't see any other avenue moving forward.

The Sox still have a reasonable chance to catch Houston and get home field advantage for some of the playoffs...they can't piss that chance away by throwing Keuchel out there every 5th day to get bombed and give the team basically no chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

It takes years to learn and master the knuckler.

If Lopez pitches well Saturday (assuming they even play) he goes into the rotation and Keuchel goes to the bullpen for mop up duty. I can't see any other avenue moving forward.

The Sox still have a reasonable chance to catch Houston and get home field advantage for some of the playoffs...they can't piss that chance away by throwing Keuchel out there every 5th day to get bombed and give the team basically no chance to win.
          I was semi-joking about the knuckler. HD is more likely of the two choices. But betcha life he's fooled around with it on the side.
          If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Just tired of losing to these putzes. I knew it was going to be bad when Robert’s first AB he was digging for nightcrawlers in the batters box. We get Cy Young’d again by someone from somewhere.

BK59

Comment

Maybe it's time for him to switch places with Lopez, and work out of the bull pen.

If he is done, and at times it looks that way, the Sox are still on the hook for next year I think. The way he's been pitching, nobody would trade for him.

Comment

Yes, I’m sure TLR yelling at them is the magic, missing ingredient. Maybe KW can fly into KC to overturn a buffet table, too. 🙄

Comment

I’m fine with this. López is clearly pitching better and has earned the opportunity. Judging by his public words Keuchel - to his credit - knows he hasn’t been pitching well and that absent improvement he will be left off the postseason roster.

Comment

The Sox still have a reasonable chance to catch Houston and get home field advantage for some of the playoffs...
                    I too agree that the Sox ought to try to clinch before facing Cleveland and aim to overtake Houston for the #2 seed.

However, the most important goals are to have everyone healthy and to have the rotation aligned so that Lynn, Rodon, Giolito, and Cease are all starting on full rest in the ALDS.

Comment

The Sox are now a game under .500 on the road for the season. They are a completely different team away from home.

Does healthy and rested matter if you don’t have home field advantage and have proven you can’t win consistently when you bat first?
                      “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
                        Does healthy and rested matter if you don’t have home field advantage and have proven you can’t win consistently when you bat first?
                        Yes, because injured and tired pretty much guarantees a loss, whereas you have at least a 50-50 chance of winning with a healthy rested team. The Sox have been putting replacement players out there all year because of injuries. If all the starters can play during the postseason I like their chances.

Comment

It doesn't look like Keuchel has the ability to consistently throw strike one. Being ahead in the count is a big part of his game. Kansas City batters, not known for their patience, were working the count against him. The scouting report seems to be that Keuchel will fall behind so just wait for a pitch up and in the middle.

If they let Keuchel try to figure it out he has five starts to do it. With the off days they could actually skip his spot in the rotation and give him only four starts. This is a tough decision for TLR and Katz, but right now I don't see Keuchel on the postseason roster at all.

Comment

With Giolito and Lynn both on the IL, TLR doesn't seem to have any other option other than running Keuchel out there for another start or two and hope for the best. Maybe use Kopech or Crochet as an opener?

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 13-6
                            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 300-253
                            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
                              The Sox are now a game under .500 on the road for the season. They are a completely different team away from home.

Not the end of the world, the rule of thumb has been to play .500 on the road and play .667 at home and that’s what the Sox are doing. That being said, I’d feel a bit better if they had a winning record on the road because the way it looks is that Sox aren’t going to have home field advantage in the post season at all. Hey Sox, please beat KC the next 2 games.
                              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-04-2021, 09:21 AM.
                              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Working...
                              X