• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abreu named AL Player of the Month

https://www.mlb.com/news/jose-abreu-...s-of-the-month
    Congrats, Jose!

Congrats, Jose! Well deserved!
    (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Thats super, congrats to the leader of the team and a model of consistancy. IMHO, he just might win the MVP again this year.

Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Jose...Jose, Jose Jose...

He lives for August. .335 lifetime average in August, with an OPS of .994. By far his best month of the year.
        I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Originally posted by Zakath View Post
          Jose...Jose, Jose Jose...

He lives for August. .335 lifetime average in August, with an OPS of .994. By far his best month of the year.
          When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comment

Second time in two years for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
              Good thing is, his second best month of the year career-wise is September. .298 average, .881 OPS.

Amazing how consistent he has been throughout his career if you look at his situational stats. Really impressive that he hits .317 w/RISP and .310 w/RISP and 2 outs.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ear=Career&t=b
              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Jose is the model for the team. He exemplifies what it takes to be a top-rated player.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                  Thats super, congrats to the leader of the team and a model of consistancy. IMHO, he just might win the MVP again this year.

I don’t watch many Angels games, but I hear they’ve got some pitcher that’s supposed to run away with the award.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post

I don’t watch many Angels games, but I hear they’ve got some pitcher that’s supposed to run away with the award.
                    Yeah, I guess that guy is pretty good too.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 09-02-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Awesome and well deserved...
                      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Congratulations to Jose.

Jose Abreu has 102 RBIs. Second on the team is Yoan Moncada with 54.

I’m trying to wrap my head around that.
                        “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
                          Congratulations to Jose.

Jose Abreu has 102 RBIs. Second on the team is Yoan Moncada with 54.

I’m trying to wrap my head around that.
                          He's the only middle-of-the-order bat that has been healthy all year. Moncada has been used in the middle of the order for a lot of the year, but his slugging is way down so he's not going to have gaudy RBI totals.

Comment

Congratulations, Jose! Well deserved.
                            White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

Working...
                            X