*OFFICIAL* 8/29/21 Long Balls are Fun SOX 13 CUB 1 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 8/29/21 Long Balls are Fun SOX 13 CUB 1 Postgamer

It’s nice to see the middle of the lineup plating runs. And Cease was masterful.

Nice win to finish the series and at minimum hold the lead. Good rest for key pieces with tomorrow a day off.

When every starter scores and all but one have a hit you expect to have a good game. Cease was magnificent and the bullpen was fine in no-pressure mop-up duty.

Luis Robert has arrived.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Bruising the baby bruins is always fun.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Always good to see Cease and Eloy take leading roles in beating the Cubs. Not sure I will ever grow tired of seeing Eloy hit homers against the Cubs.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

Comment

For the life of me I can't figure this team out. How they could score 13 with that lineup, especially the bottom half is beyond me. Still anytime you embarrass the Cubs is fine with me. Makes Sunday a lot better and now a needed day off for everyone (including this fan...)

Comment

I wonder if the the New York Times will print a follow-up story after they basically attributed Dylan's early season success to the sticky stuff. If anything, Cease has gotten better since MLB started enforcing the foreign substance rule.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
              For the life of me I can't figure this team out. How they could score 13 with that lineup, especially the bottom half is beyond me. Still anytime you embarrass the Cubs is fine with me. Makes Sunday a lot better and now a needed day off for everyone (including this fan...)
              The lineup is that deep and that good. Honestly the guy they can't seem to live without right now is Robert. He's the one who sat out last night.
              Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post

The lineup is that deep and that good. Honestly the guy they can't seem to live without right now is Robert. He's the one who sat out last night.
                Robert does seem to be seeing the ball well right now and he's not missing pitchers mistakes that's for damn sure.

Comment

Also Jose cracks the 100 RBI mark for the sixth time in seven full seasons. Looking to tie the A.L. mark set by Cecil Fielder of leading the league three years in a row.

Comment

Gotta love the spanking they put on that Triple-A team disguised as the Chicago Cubs. Other than that dominant showing from Mills, a tense opener at Wrigley and Dallas Keuchel not amounting to anything, I'd say the crosstown series went well this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                      They score a total of 30 runs on Friday and Sunday but couldn't buy a run last night.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                        I wonder if the the New York Times will print a follow-up story after they basically attributed Dylan's early season success to the sticky stuff. If anything, Cease has gotten better since MLB started enforcing the foreign substance rule.
                        Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Pending the outcome of the rain-delayed game in Cleveland, the magic number is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	?m=02&d=20090516&t=2&i=10139785&w=780&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=2009-05-16T011319Z_01_BTRE54F03ED00_RTROPTP_0_BASEBALL.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	44442
                          I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

The White Sox hate me. I am below .500 this season going to a park where they are 20 games over .500.

Of the three games this weekend I went to, guess which one I was at? Yup. Last night's shutout.

On th bright side, the Sox have scored 40 runs over the past four games-that includes a shut out.

Comment

Cleveland comes back to salvage a win against Boston, so the magic number stays at 23.
                              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Working...
                              X