• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 8/27/21 Grandal Is Risen SOX 17 CUBS 13 Postgamer

Keuchel was terrible.

Lopez was perfect.

The rest of the bullpen was abysmal.

Grandal tied the Sox single game RBI record with 8, and we needed every one of them.

That's as wild a game as you can get. Glad we won it.

Comment

Wow what a game. Fans got their money worth for this one.
      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

Oh, and yeah on Jim Thome's birthday the magic number is

"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

Comment

One game back, and Yasmani Grandal is finally hitting over .200 on the season! 🤣
          My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Oh, and I hope this finally settles the question of whether Dallas Keuchel should even sniff a start in the postseason...
            My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

You usually don't talk about pitchers in a positive light in a 17-13 game, but:

Reynaldo Lopez was absolutely stellar when they needed him to be. Down 6-0, where leaving Keuchel in probably ends any chance of this comeback, and Lopez not only stops the bleeding but completely shuts the Cubs down for 5 innings. No hits and 7 strikeouts on 59 pitches.

The rest of the bullpen?

Would have been nice to make up some ground on Houston, but the Rangers decided to blow a 4-0 lead.
              I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Did the Sox win?

YAZ they did...

Crochet got burned by some really unlucky bounces. It was enough and WOW what a lineup. Can't keep walking Grandal if the bases are constantly full.

Time to go on an offensive tear...

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

To say this was the wildest game of the year would be an understatement.

I have no idea what happened to the Keuchel who pitched to a 1.99 ERA last year but his decline has been swift and dramatic. Assuming Rodon leaves as a free agent and assuming Kopech replace him in the rotation the Sox still may be looking to add another starter.

Along those lines I have no idea what happened to Kimbrel since he came back to an adult league. Yikes!

Congrats to Grandal for tying the franchise mark with eight RBI's.

Win the series tomorrow gang.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

I have no idea what happened to the Keuchel who pitched to a 1.99 ERA last year but his decline has been swift and dramatic. Assuming Rodon leaves as a free agent and assuming Kopech replace him in the rotation the Sox still may be looking to add another starter.

Reynaldo Lopez deserves consideration to be that starter.
                    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

I wanted to post last night after the Cubs 6 run first that the Sox would come back and win the game but something came up.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

An outstanding night for Grandal, and a great performance for Lopez. Final score sounds like an NFL game. I'm glad the Sox won it.

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post
                          Oh, and I hope this finally settles the question of whether Dallas Keuchel should even sniff a start in the postseason...
                          Keuchel punched his ticket to postseason irrelevance with this abysmal start against the AAAA Cubs. How many more years are we stuck with his contract?

Comment

Originally posted by FielderJones View Post
                            Keuchel punched his ticket to postseason irrelevance with this abysmal start against the AAAA Cubs. How many more years are we stuck with his contract?
                            He’s guaranteed $18M in 2022, and there appears to be a $20M team option for 2023, which the Sox can buy out for $1.5M.

Comment

Props to TLR for pulling the plug on Keuchel one batter into the 2nd.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
                              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
                              Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Working...
                              X