Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sox 2021 Game Thread #10...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sox 2021 Game Thread #10...

    Lineup posted...again TLR sits a hot hitter (Moncada) who is one of the few guys in the lineup recently driving in runs. Don't ask me to explain it because I can't.

  • #2
    Kasper and DJ commented (in real time) last night that Moncada may have tweaked his wrist on a swing late in yesterday's game. I'm speculating that this may have something to do with the day off.

    2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
    All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
    Posts on old WSI: 7344

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
      Lineup posted...again TLR sits a hot hitter (Moncada) who is one of the few guys in the lineup recently driving in runs. Don't ask me to explain it because I can't.
      We really have no comprehension because we don’t have the big brain power of TLR. We mere mortals of sandlot dust and fundamental prowess are only in the TLR 101 coursework and lab phase in our baseball matriculation. But ya…WTF is he thinking sometimes?

      BK59

      Comment


      • #4
        Rosenthal by the way today apparently has a story in The Athletic dealing with a lot of stuff in baseball, one of the areas he talks about (according to the headline) is the Sox roster issues.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
          Lineup posted...again TLR sits a hot hitter (Moncada) who is one of the few guys in the lineup recently driving in runs. Don't ask me to explain it because I can't.
          TLR has access to information we don't. Maybe Moncada told him he was a bit sore and could use a day off?

          Also, despite how poorly the offense has performed over the past week or so, the fact is that none of these games are must-win.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            Rosenthal by the way today apparently has a story in The Athletic dealing with a lot of stuff in baseball, one of the areas he talks about (according to the headline) is the Sox roster issues.
            Rosenthal analyzes whether the Sox are potentially vulnerable in the playoffs against hard-throwing righties. Here's his conclusion: "Put it all together, and the potential exists for righties to overpower the White Sox in October. Still, it's probably best to bet the other way. The potential exists for the Sox to crush those righties, too. "

            So nothing to get worked up over. Essentially, Rosenthal goes out on a limb and opines that "anything is possible." He's right. Most things are.

            2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
            All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
            Posts on old WSI: 7344

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chez View Post
              Kasper and DJ commented (in real time) last night that Moncada may have tweaked his wrist on a swing late in yesterday's game. I'm speculating that this may have something to do with the day off.
              With 3 RHP this weekend- and Moncada playing the last 13 consecutive games- it might also just be a chance to give him a day off vs. a LHP.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chez View Post

                Rosenthal analyzes whether the Sox are potentially vulnerable in the playoffs against hard-throwing righties. Here's his conclusion: "Put it all together, and the potential exists for righties to overpower the White Sox in October. Still, it's probably best to bet the other way. The potential exists for the Sox to crush those righties, too. "

                So nothing to get worked up over. Essentially, Rosenthal goes out on a limb and opines that "anything is possible." He's right. Most things are.
                I listened to Rosenthal on MLB tv talk about this. He really downplayed it. Of course, the Sox could have trouble against tough RHP's or even tough left handed pitchers as could any team. The "Rosenthal theorem" was no big revelation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Marcus Semien biting the hand that once fed him. Jays up 1-0.
                  Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cesar ties it up with a homer, 1-1.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Boom boom Robert…. 3-1 Good guys!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Luis Robert looks so much more comfortable at the plate this year. Way better plan of attack. That ball was crushed. 3-1 Sox

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Boom….Jose!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A double dinger inning... voodoo likey...




                            4-1 SOX!!!
                            Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Man, if we can get Cesar heated up . . .

                              2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
                              All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
                              Posts on old WSI: 7344

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X