*OFFICIAL* 8/24/21; Pluck Some Jays’ Feathers, Eh? SOX 5 TOR 2 Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 8/24/21; Pluck Some Jays’ Feathers, Eh? SOX 5 TOR 2 Postgamer

Cease with a stout seven innings, which is even more impressive considering the strength of the Jays’ lineup.

Moncada is best in the 2-hole, but Robert may be the best hitter on the team right now.

Wasn't listening to the game or didn't hear anything, but why did he take out Kopech? Made no sense.

Comment

Magic number, very briefly, is:

"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post
        Wasn't listening to the game or didn't hear anything, but why did he take out Kopech? Made no sense.
        Kopech recorded one out and then gave up two hits.

I imagine Kimbrel gets the save opportunity if needed tomorrow.

Comment

Wish this could have been a lot easier between the baserunning blunders and Hendriks laboring, but a win's a win, and we'll likely get a game back in our division lead pending the Indians' loss.

Comment

18 hits and we still had a nailbiter.

Cease with the second straight quality outing for starters north of the border. At least this one led to a W.

Cleveland just lost, so the magic number is now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leury.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	43654
            I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Texas beats Cleveland. Division lead back up to 10.

Comment

Indians blown out by Texas 7-3. White Sox magic number is down to

"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
                -- Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                  Magic number, very briefly, is:

The image of Samardzijabrought back some bad memories.

Comment

And the baseball gods looked down and smiled when they saw their favorite player Leury Garcia in the line up and they blessed the sox. Let the winning streak begin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

The image of Samardzijabrought back some bad memories.
                      Marcus Semien says hi.

Comment

After the top of the 1st I was very concerned this would be one of those slugfest 10-9 games. Very pleasantly surprised with Cease and his stuff tonight. Just magnificent. As others have mentioned the baserunning blunders made it much closer than it needed to be. And loading the bases for Vlad Jr. is not a great long term strategy. Thankfully it worked out but my gosh Hendriks just cannot make it easy. Our whole bullpen for that matter. So nice to have that double digit lead back! Keep the foot on the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post

Marcus Semien says hi.
                          As does Chris Bassitt.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
                            Wish this could have been a lot easier between the baserunning blunders and Hendriks laboring, but a win's a win, and we'll likely get a game back in our division lead pending the Indians' loss.
                            Hendriks, whose stuff doesn't induce ground balls, got a ground ball to end the 8th and the 9th. Go figure.
                            If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

Hendricks really needs to not get so amped up that he loses command of his breaking pitches. The 9th should not have been nearly that difficult. That said, good that he nailed it down eventually. Robert really looks more comfortable and on the verge of breaking out, maybe next season. Jose doing his RBI Machine act in August, as usual. All in all, good win considering TA didn’t play.
                              (Formerly asindc.)

"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X