Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sox Roster Moves Discussion 3 (not for prospect discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox Roster Moves Discussion 3 (not for prospect discussion)

Try again…
    Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Voo: I hope this fits your intent but I keep hoping for a move that gets us a right fielder. I'm sick of the Norma Mazara and Adam Eaton types. RF is a key position that the Sox don't seem to pursue the best talent. Adam Engel can play the position but is hurt and I like him filling in all OF positions. So my question is what should the plan be for 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Voo: I hope this fits your intent but I keep hoping for a move that gets us a right fielder. I'm sick of the Norma Mazara and Adam Eaton types. RF is a key position that the Sox don't seem to pursue the best talent. Adam Engel can play the position but is hurt and I like him filling in all OF positions. So my question is what should the plan be for 2022?
      Internal options:
      Engel (as long as the medicals say there is no long-term concern, I have no problem with Engel being given the starting RF role in 2022)
      Adolfo (if he continues to mash in AAA and has a good Spring, he could earn a spot)
      Goodwin
      Cespedes (but not likely until late next year)
      Sheets (break glass in case of emergency only)

External options are too numerous to list right now. But I don't think they go big on a FA RF. If Jerry finds an extra $20M lying under the couch cushions then I'd rather they direct those funds towards bringing back Rodon. If they do bring in someone it will be a lefty as all the other primary outfielders are right-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownTrojan View Post
        External options are too numerous to list right now. But I don't think they go big on a FA RF. If Jerry finds an extra $20M lying under the couch cushions then I'd rather they direct those funds towards bringing back Rodon. If they do bring in someone it will be a lefty as all the other primary outfielders are right-handed.
        I'm not saying resigning Rodon is wrong as long as the contract is sensible (knowing his history) but this is how we end up with Mazara/Eaton in RF. And not Sheets please. Gavin should be at 1B/DH only.

Comment

I'm not saying resigning Rodon is wrong as long as the contract is sensible (knowing his history) but this is how we end up with Mazara/Eaton in RF. And not Sheets please. Gavin should be at 1B/DH only.
          But I'm okay with the internal options for RF (Engel/Goodwin). Sure there are better players out there, but bringing back Rodon would go further towards getting the Sox back to the playoffs than a high-priced right-fielder. I guess I'm just nearly as concerned with the RF situation as you are.

Comment

Leury is back off the IL, Burr sent to AAA. I'm guessing that Mendick will stick around until TA is healthy, which will hopefully coincide with Rodon's return (tomorrow?).

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/...880787456?s=20

Comment

Leury is back off the IL, Burr sent to AAA. I'm guessing that Mendick will stick around until TA is healthy, which will hopefully coincide with Rodon's return (tomorrow?).

Rodon for Thursday if he's ready.

Comment

When Rodon is ready, I would imagine Wright returns to Charlotte. I wonder if the Sox are considering going to a six man rotation (with Lopez) to keep everyone fresh for October.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

When Rodon is ready, I would imagine Wright returns to Charlotte. I wonder if the Sox are considering going to a six man rotation (with Lopez) to keep everyone fresh for October.
                  They won’t need it next week (2 off days) but I suspect you’re right that Lopez has not made his last start this season.

Comment

La Russa said Rodon is starting tomorrow and that Grandal's return is "imminent".

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post
                      La Russa said Rodon is starting tomorrow and that Grandal's return is "imminent".
                      Has he run this by the crack WSI medical corps for final sign-off?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

He should.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumpjerry View Post

Funny....but I think we're medical/managerial experts

Comment

Funny....but I think we're medical/managerial experts
                            One-stop shopping!

Comment

Rodon activated, Mendick sent to Charlotte. Marshall sent to Charlotte to begin rehab assignment.

Comment

Working...
                              X