*Official* 8/23 Wildy Dead Offense Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/23 Wildy Dead Offense Postgamer

Have to wonder how many more of these we're gonna see before Tony realizes the status quo is not working right now.

12 hits in 2 games, and only one an XBH. 20 K's. 1 run in 19 games.

Wasted another great outing from Lance. Your starter gives you 7 innings, 1 run, 4 hits, and you win 98% of the time.
    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Yes, and then there's the top dollar reliever.......quite the place to invest top resources.

Comment

Great game, the offense needs somebody to get hot and carry it for a while, Kimbrel has been a consistent failure so far, proving what we all knew anyway, that money is not a substitute for talent evaluation skills. That is all.
        If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

They call them the dog days for a reason. Some hits with men on would be nice.

Comment

When you get to your last at bat and your last two hitters in a one run game are hitting .210 and .200 and have no ability to make contact against **** pitchers let alone good ones, you are certainly SOL.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
              Have to wonder how many more of these we're gonna see before Tony realizes the status quo is not working right now.
              tony is a really stubborn cuss. he isn't going to change. And there is no one in that dugout to challenge him on the coaching staff. Hell, even the GM and President of the Club don't have control of Tony

Comment

With Cleveland getting the lowly Rangers team at home and the Sox seemingly unable to compete on the road with good teams things could be really tight heading into September. Playoffs are not guaranteed. Have to take care of your own business and the Sox haven't been able to do that since All-Star break.

Comment

Just some thoughts.

Since the All Star break the Sox, and TLR, have been acting like they already won the division...sleepwalking, no urgency, stupid mistakes.

Unless I was in a coma and missed the champaign party, they haven't won it.

The Sox need to stop "resting" guys for October, stop figuring out who is going to play where in October, stop playing everyone on the roster, for whatever reason, even though at least a half dozen guys have been awful since the break.

They need to spend more time figuring out the here and now and let October work itself out when it comes.

Secondly, Kimbrel's ERA is now almost six since the trade. He's in an adult league now and is getting lit up. He fits right in it seems, with this bullpen that has been inconsistent at best since opening night when Bummer blew the save and started this hot-mess.

Sox are now 7-16 on the road this year against all teams in MLB who have a winning record as of tonight.

7-16.

And since the break they are 3-9 in one run games. Make of that what you will.
                  Last edited by Lipman 1; 08-24-2021, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                    They call them the dog days for a reason. Some hits with men on would be nice.
                    Listening to the Jays' broadcast on the way home last night and they were complaining about their own batting w/RISP. Jays were 1-for-10 last night, after going a stunning 1-for-17 on Sunday in their loss to Detroit.

And our offense is worse than theirs, if that's possible.
                    I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

The lead is down to 9 but in the ever so important loss column the difference is 7.
                      The way this team is performing right now, nothing is in bag. I became a baseball fan in 1952 and have seen a lot of teams blow big leads in a pennant race. These guys need a kick in the ass and right now I have no confidence in TLR to motivate them, hiring him was just another wrong move by JR of which there have been many in his 40 years of ownership.
                      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                        Just some thoughts.

Since the All Star break the Sox, and TLR, have been acting like they already won the division...sleepwalking, no urgency, stupid mistakes.

Unless I was in a coma and missed the champaign party, they haven't won it.

The Sox need to stop "resting" guys for October, stop figuring out who is going to play where in October, stop playing everyone on the roster, for whatever reason, even though at least a half dozen guys have been awful since the break.

They need to spend more time figuring out the here and now and let October work itself out when it comes.

Secondly, Kimbrel's ERA is now almost six since the trade. He's in an adult league now and is getting lit up. He fits right in it seems, with this bullpen that has been inconsistent at best since opening night when Bummer blew the save and started this hot-mess.

Sox are now 7-16 on the road this year against all teams in MLB who have a winning record as of tonight.

7-16.

And since the break they are 3-9 in one run games. Make of that what you will.
                        Exactly. They're not going to need to worry about it if this keeps up.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                          The lead is down to 9 but in the ever so important loss column the difference is 7.
                          The way this team is performing right now, nothing is in bag. I became a baseball fan in 1952 and have seen a lot of teams blow big leads in a pennant race. These guys need a kick in the ass and right now I have no confidence in TLR to motivate them, hiring him was just another wrong move by JR of which there have been many in his 40 years of ownership.
                          It's as if this organization and some of the fan base have forgotten how close we came to disaster in 2005 with a 15 game lead. The October talk is/has been way premature. The best strategy since the All Star Break has been hoping for Cleveland to lose. Not good.
                          Last edited by shingo10; 08-24-2021, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post
                            Great game, the offense needs somebody to get hot and carry it for a while, Kimbrel has been a consistent failure so far, proving what we all knew anyway, that money is not a substitute for talent evaluation skills. That is all.
                            This is the Kimbrel that I remember with his final days with Atlanta; completely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post

It's as if this organization and some of the fan base have forgotten how close we came to disaster in 2005 with a 15 game lead. The October talk is/has been way premature. The best strategy since the All Star Break has been hoping for Cleveland to lose. Not good.
                              This isn't 2005. Cleveland isn't winning games with a .750 winning percentage in the 2nd half like they did in 2005. If people are legitimately worried that this team won't make the playoffs that is being based on fear and irrationality.

Comment

Working...
                              X