Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 8-22 Corpseball Special

Ugh.

2 different teams; Rays smell a division title and the Sox playing like they could care less.
    Sox are .500 since the All Star break, 6-7 since sweeping the Cubs. Hope things get better in Toronto.
    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Scoring with two outs. One team did. One didn't.

Comment

Cleveland has a chance to put the lead down to single digits tonight. I go back to the Wednesday game at Minnesota and just can't figure out what the hell we were doing with that lineup. We gave that game away and lost a series that we really needed to win given the upcoming opponents. This has not alleviated any fears of how this team will fare in October against the big boys. Sigh.

Comment

Too bad they can’t be docked a day’s pay for that effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Allen View Post
            Too bad they can’t be docked a day’s pay for that effort.
            Nah, that only happens to stiffs like us. They still get prime rib, lobster tail and cheesecake for the post game meal and a goodie bag on the flight.

Might as well as thrown Charlotte’s lineup out there for this series. Rest the whole damn team if they are they are overcome with fatigue in August. If they are sucking wind this far from the finish line, yes they will be sporting X’s for eyes come crunch time.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
              Scoring with two outs. One team did. One didn't.
              Yup, they had some twitchy knickers today. Whatever happened to the saying” wait for your pitch”..

BK59

Comment

Another disappearing act. This team is a shoo-in to make the playoffs. But right now based on what they've shown, they will be making a quick exit from October action.

Friday night's game was great - special thanks to Tim Anderson. La Russa decides to sit him out for the next two games in this series due to "tired legs". His absence translates into the team being rudderless on Saturday and Sunday.

If the Sox batted for another ten innings on Sunday they STILL would not have dented the plate. The Rays made a few mistakes on defense today but still registered a shutout.

This team has been middle of the pack since the All-Star break. And their record against quality teams all year? Come October they won't be playing the Twins, Cubs, Indians, etc. Can this team step it up a notch or two and compete? From what I have scene so far they play the role of shrinking violets when it comes to competing with the likes of Houston, the Yankees, the Rays.

All we can hope for is if somehow they get hot 5 weeks from now. I know the 2005 team darn near blew a big lead but turned it on when they had to and were brilliant in October when it really counted. Let's hope the same holds true for this club.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                  Cleveland has a chance to put the lead down to single digits tonight. I go back to the Wednesday game at Minnesota and just can't figure out what the hell we were doing with that lineup. We gave that game away and lost a series that we really needed to win given the upcoming opponents. This has not alleviated any fears of how this team will fare in October against the big boys. Sigh.
                  Right now they are 7-15 on the road this season versus teams with a winning (above .500) record.

Was helping out doing PA for an Idaho State soccer match this afternoon, glad I missed this one.

Sox weren't going to win this game it seems but the work of the bullpen turned it into a blowout.

Comment

I will say this, I get the Sox resting players...I get the fact they haven't been healthy since day one, even before day one but at some point you've got to start gearing up for October, you can't just turn it on and off like a light switch.

They haven't been setting the world on-fire since mid-July. They haven't played well against good teams on the road, the record doesn't lie.

I guess the question is when will TLR decide that its time to kick it in the ass and get going and get them out of this mediocre streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

I guess the question is when will TLR decide that its time to kick it in the ass and get going and get them out of this mediocre streak.
                      Once all the mini-lion bots have been assembled into a super-bot.
                      Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
                        2 different teams; Rays smell a division title and the Sox playing like they could care less.
                        Sox are .500 since the All Star break, 6-7 since sweeping the Cubs. Hope things get better in Toronto.
                        Now 18-18 since the All-Star break, on pace if this stands for 90-91 wins.

Comment

Now 18-18 since the All-Star break, on pace if this stands for 90-91 wins.
                          Just to be picky, they are right now at a .576 winning percentage which computes to 93 wins but if they continue to play at a .500 clip you are right, 90-91 wins. The schedule does get easier except for a series in Oakland and a series with the Red Sox in Chicago but then there's KC which has given us fits. Right now after looking more closely at the schedule I'm going to go with 94 wins
                          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-22-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Just to be picky, they are right now at a .576 winning percentage which computes to 93 wins but if they continue to play at a .500 clip you are right, 90-91 wins. The schedule does get easier except for a series in Oakland and a series with the Red Sox in Chicago but then there's KC which has given us fits. Right now after looking more closely at the schedule I'm going to go with 94 wins
                            I hope you are right although I don't think that will be enough to get at least some home field advantage in the playoffs.

Comment

I hope you are right although I don't think that will be enough to get at least some home field advantage in the playoffs.
                              I agree, 94 wins won't get us any HFA unless we somehow wind up facing the WC in the second round and if the WC is the Yankees we probably won't get the HFA. We shall see, 37 more games and a lot could happen, hopefully more good than bad.
                              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-22-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X