Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OFFICIAL* 8-21 Afternoon Napping on Turf TB 8 SOX 4 Postgamer

Stupid turf. Not much more to say.

Yoan showing signs and Abreu staying warm were the positives. And Seby.

Comment

The Sox have a really good team, but when two of your best hitters sit (I’m not disagreeing with the decision to give TA and Robert a day off on the turf) and another two (Grandal and Engel) remain on the DL, the lineup will have holes.

Goodwin is an acceptable platoon right fielder but he’s not a CF. I understand why he played CF today (wanting to rest Robert while Engel, Hamilton, and even Leury are on the IL), but there’s no doubt he’s over-exposed when playing every day and/or playing CF.

Also, I don’t have a problem with Hernandez in the lineup or at 2B, but it is clear that his skill set as a hitter is not a big complement to the lineup in the same way that Madrigal was. I’m fine picking up Hernandez’s 2022 option, but I’d like to see the Sox prioritize finding a contact-oriented LH hitter who can play RF at a high level who at least hits RH pitching well. (Engel can get RF starts v. LHP, back up Robert in CF, and be a defensive replacement in LF.)

Comment

Can't say I was surprised with the lineup TLR trotted out there today. 1-6 with runners in scoring position and Keuchel right now at least, has pitched his way out of the postseason rotation.

Assuming Rodon leaves as a free agent and Kopech steps in to replace him the Sox still may be looking for another starter since Keuchel may be at the end of the road.

Try to win the series Sunday guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
          Stupid turf. Not much more to say.
          Does anyone know if the new artificial turf in Arizona and Texas are any better than the playing surface in Tampa? I hate games on fake grass and it's too bad MLB is backsliding and now has 4 teams playing on synthetic turf. At least the awful Metrodome is gone.
          White Sox Division Titles: 1983, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2021

Comment

The White Sox right now are 7-14 on the road against all teams in baseball with a winning record. 1-1 vs. Tampa Bay, 2-2 vs. Boston, 0-3 vs. Yankees, 0-4 vs. Houston, 2-1 vs. Seattle, 1-2 vs. Milwaukee, 1-1 vs. Cincinnati.

Kind of makes getting at least some home field advantage for the playoffs mighty important since against winning teams (so far) at home they are 13-9. 2-1 vs. Tampa Bay, 1-2 vs. Yankees, 2-1 vs. Toronto, 2-1 vs. Houston, 1-2 vs. Seattle, 3-1 vs. Oakland and 2-1 vs. St. Louis.

Comment

Even though we lost it was still a nice experience at the Trop. Had a bunch of Sox fans sitting all around us and as usual the Rays fans didn't hassle Sox fans. Largest crowd of the year for the Rays.

I think we would have had a different game if that ball didn't hit third base in the first inning. The Rays sure had a bunch of hits dialed out to deep left center field. Zavala really crushed that homer. Dissapointed that TA and Robert had the day off, why couldn't TLR rest one today and the other on Sunday, does he not realize it would be nice to have home field advantage in the playoffs.

Found out you just can't go up to the box office and buy same day tickets anymore but the Rays had a few people assisting outside the box office with opening up an MLB account and then purchasing the tickets through your phone.
              How times have changed from when 3 or 4 of us kids would hop on the EL at Loyola Ave and head down to Wrigley, buy a ticket for 1.25, 20 cents round trip for the EL and 50 cents for a coke and a hot dog and cheer for the visiting team.
              Usually we buy tickets on Stubhub but going to the game today was a last minute decision so we just hopped in the car and made it with time to spare to the game, 84 miles, 1 hour 15 minutes from our house to the main parking lot.

Lets win the series tomorrow with hopefully our A team.
              Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-21-2021, 07:07 PM.
              Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
                The Sox have a really good team, but when two of your best hitters sit (I’m not disagreeing with the decision to give TA and Robert a day off on the turf) and another two (Grandal and Engel) remain on the DL, the lineup will have holes.

Goodwin is an acceptable platoon right fielder but he’s not a CF. I understand why he played CF today (wanting to rest Robert while Engel, Hamilton, and even Leury are on the IL), but there’s no doubt he’s over-exposed when playing every day and/or playing CF.

Also, I don’t have a problem with Hernandez in the lineup or at 2B, but it is clear that his skill set as a hitter is not a big complement to the lineup in the same way that Madrigal was. I’m fine picking up Hernandez’s 2022 option, but I’d like to see the Sox prioritize finding a contact-oriented LH hitter who can play RF at a high level who at least hits RH pitching well. (Engel can get RF starts v. LHP, back up Robert in CF, and be a defensive replacement in LF.)
                Tony gave a game away today. Hernandez right now a better player over-all than Madrigal. Sheets will be their right fielder until Abreu retires and then Cespedes will be their right fielder probably and I now have my doubts about Engel ever being a player to depend on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                  The White Sox right now are 7-14 on the road against all teams in baseball with a winning record. 1-1 vs. Tampa Bay, 2-2 vs. Boston, 0-3 vs. Yankees, 0-4 vs. Houston, 2-1 vs. Seattle, 1-2 vs. Milwaukee, 1-1 vs. Cincinnati.

Kind of makes getting at least some home field advantage for the playoffs mighty important since against winning teams (so far) at home they are 13-9. 2-1 vs. Tampa Bay, 1-2 vs. Yankees, 2-1 vs. Toronto, 2-1 vs. Houston, 1-2 vs. Seattle, 3-1 vs. Oakland and 2-1 vs. St. Louis.
                  I don't disagree- but I think the most meaningful version of the "road record vs.winning teams" stat is their record after Aug 1- more representative of the team that will actually be playing in the post season (post injury and post trade deadline).

Comment

Yeah. It really doesn't mean anything. No one is outclassing them in the losses. Playing an extra game in the Tampa jokedome is not appealing, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X