*Official* 8/19 Fly Balls Can Tease You Postgamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/19 Fly Balls Can Tease You Postgamer

So many balls that were well hit and amounted to nothing. Oh well. We did win the series.

The crack sound off the bat made you think good things were going to happen. Too bad so many of them were right at an opponent. Bad BABIP luck today.

Comment

4-3 homestand against 2 good teams is pretty good but we came so very close to winning all 7 of them.
      Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Would have loved to get a sweep but taking three of four from a possible playoff team is noteworthy in and of itself.

Cease wasn’t sharp today, too many walks and the defense didn’t come through on two key plays…Vaughn should have let Hernandez handle that ground ball, instead the inning kept going and the two run home run resulted.

4-3 so far running "the Gauntlet" which if they can keep that up on the road would be an excellent end result for a brutal two week stretch of games.

We’ll see what happens this weekend in Tampa. Sox are around 3 1/2 to four games behind them for the best record and home field throughout October. If they are going to claim it they'll have to play well and close that gap a little this weekend since the season is starting to wind down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
          Would have loved to get a sweep but taking three of four from a possible playoff team is noteworthy in and of itself.

Cease wasn’t sharp today, too many walks and the defense didn’t come through on two key plays…Vaughn should have let Hernandez handle that ground ball, instead the inning kept going and the two run home run resulted.

4-3 so far running "the Gauntlet" which if they can keep that up on the road would be an excellent end result for a brutal two week stretch of games.

We’ll see what happens this weekend in Tampa. Sox are around 3 1/2 to four games behind them for the best record and home field throughout October. If they are going to claim it they'll have to play well and close that gap a little this weekend since the season is starting to wind down.
          Aren't the Giants in the driver's seat as far as home field throughout?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post

Aren't the Giants in the driver's seat as far as home field throughout?
            I was talking about the A.L. I don't think anybody will catch the Giants barring a total collapse.

Comment

Was very alarmed to see Moncada trending on Twitter after work but luckily it was only for people to complain about him. Whew! Sounds like he struck out with bags loaded and 1 out? It happens. Hard to be too upset after this one but it sure would have been nice to take it. Still unsure who would be a better 4th starter Cease or Keuchel. Don't really trust either of them but they always seem to keep the team in it.

Comment

Originally posted by shingo10 View Post
                Was very alarmed to see Moncada trending on Twitter after work but luckily it was only for people to complain about him. Whew! Sounds like he struck out with bags loaded and 1 out? It happens. Hard to be too upset after this one but it sure would have been nice to take it. Still unsure who would be a better 4th starter Cease or Keuchel. Don't really trust either of them but they always seem to keep the team in it.
                Moncada to me is an enigma. He's a very good player who has the potential to be great but so far that hasn't happened in part because it always seems to be some type of injury factoring in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Moncada to me is an enigma. He's a very good player who has the potential to be great but so far that hasn't happened in part because it always seems to be some type of injury factoring in.
                  I'm not convinced Moncada is "very good". Yes, he is good but he just looks lost at the plate at times. I know some are critical of his defense but to me he is a solid defensive 3Bman.
                  Last edited by longtimefan; 08-19-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

The Lee Elia rant. So hilarious. Especially the sound of the vacuum cleaner in the background. 🤣🤣🤣 Enjoy!! https://youtu.be/B2pai2QQA54

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMySox View Post
                      The Lee Elia rant. So hilarious. Especially the sound of the vacuum cleaner in the background. 🤣🤣🤣 Enjoy!! https://youtu.be/B2pai2QQA54
                      Never gets old, no matter how many times I hear it! 😂
                      My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post

Never gets old, no matter how many times I hear it! 😂
                        I think he got fired a couple days after that. I could be wrong?

Comment

The big thing was giving them four outs in Kopech's inning. Vaughn needs to let his Gold Glove 2B do his work.

Comment

Originally posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
                            The big thing was giving them four outs in Kopech's inning. Vaughn needs to let his Gold Glove 2B do his work.
                            That, though is why when you replace a player who normally plays a position with another player who hasn't played that position for a couple of months, you can't expect the replacement to do very well. Vaughn has played the outfield all season really. **** happens when you do stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMySox View Post
                              I think he got fired a couple days after that. I could be wrong?
                              No, he lasted into August before being fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X