• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/18 0akland 0 for 3 in Series Postgamer

Let's get the four-game sweep tomorrow.

Don't stop now, BOYS

Comment

Lynn struggled early then got tossed in the fourth. Turf monster bites Robert. Pen shuts the A's down again, who left a lot of garbage on the bags.

And the magic number, is, fittingly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	merlin_97182996.0.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	42764
      I want my $2

I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

Comment

Solid win when the top of the order wasn't doing much. Robert made up for his gaff with two big RBI singles. Had a lot of chances to blow this game open, but couldn't get it done. Sox pitching was on top of it when they needed to be. Tapera got the cheapest ER against of the season. Robert should have had that easy, he just slipped.

Houston lost also. Sox are in second in the AL.

Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

4-2 so far through the "gauntlet".

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
            Solid win when the top of the order wasn't doing much. Robert made up for his gaff with two big RBI singles. Had a lot of chances to blow this game open, but couldn't get it done. Sox pitching was on top of it when they needed to be. Tapera got the cheapest ER against of the season. Robert should have had that easy, he just slipped.

Houston lost also. Sox are in second in the AL.

Well, you do well know there voodoo when we score nine runs the night before. We might crap the bed on runs the next day. I begged them yesterday to save a few. But they didn't hear me. Great pitching effort none the less. It's a white sox winner !!!!!!!

Comment

That's a damned good Oakland team we're playing. Holding that team to 4 runs in 3 games is outstanding. One thing to note though is in way too many games, the starters seem not to have their control in the first inning and their pitch count goes up a lot and results in 5 inning max starts. Perhaps they just are not warming up properly and/or the bull-pen mound is not sloped or conditioned the same as the game mound. Lynn has struggled a lot with his landing foot placement as has Keuchel. In addition, Giolitto really doesn't have a lot of velocity at the beginning of the game. I kind of wonder if he is trying to save himself to go deep in the game and doesn't stretch himself out in the pen. This cannot happen once the play-offs start. These guys cannot worry about pacing themselves then. They have to go balls out from the beginning. Especially with the guys that we have in the bull pen

Comment

From Lynn's early struggles, to his eventual ejection, and the offense missing opportunities to get clutch hits, this had the feeling throughout of a game they were going to cough up by the end. Props to the bullpen tonight, especially Liam.

With the team's success this year, I don't think I realized just how much this lineup missed Eloy and Luis - what a pleasure to watch those guys come up and just immediately hit the way they both have.
                My man Vincent says:

"Gogh Gogh White Sox!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post
                  4-2 so far through the "gauntlet".
                  It's nice isn't it Kobo?

Comment

Lynn's postgame comments:

"I was coming off the mound, he was late getting over, so I left the glove and my hat,” Lynn said. “While I was going to the dugout, because I’m dealing with something, he yelled that he needs to see my belt so I tossed it up and he threw me out.

“I’m trying to get some work done so I can go out there for the fifth and obviously I hurt his feelings.’’

Lynn said he wanted to get to the trainer because of some discomfort he was pitching with but shrugged it off as normal.

“See you in five days,” he said.

Comment

Just got home from the game and it was another great night at the old ballyard.

One question about the bullpen choices at the end of the game though... was anything said on the broadcast about Kimbrel and/or Kopech being unavailable? Having Bummer face that string of right handed hitters to start the eighth and then bringing in Hendriks for the 5 out save seems like the type of thing the Kimbrel trade was made to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by notjimrose View Post
                        Just got home from the game and it was another great night at the old ballyard.

One question about the bullpen choices at the end of the game though... was anything said on the broadcast about Kimbrel and/or Kopech being unavailable? Having Bummer face that string of right handed hitters to start the eighth and then bringing in Hendriks for the 5 out save seems like the type of thing the Kimbrel trade was made to avoid.
                        Kimbrel was not available due to the passing of his grandfather. Kimbrel left Wednesday morning and will be back Thursday morning. Nothing was mentioned about Kopech. It is an early game on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by SOX ADDICT '73 View Post
                          From Lynn's early struggles, to his eventual ejection, and the offense missing opportunities to get clutch hits, this had the feeling throughout of a game they were going to cough up by the end. Props to the bullpen tonight, especially Liam.

With the team's success this year, I don't think I realized just how much this lineup missed Eloy and Luis - what a pleasure to watch those guys come up and just immediately hit the way they both have.
                          I knew that Eloy was going to hit but am pleasantly surprised at how great Robert looks. He is so much improved as a hitter from last year it is incredible. Good for him. Gotta say that the mentoring that those two guys got from Jose(I'd say Vaughn also) has also helped greatly. Jose is like another coach in that dugout and you can see how much these guys talk to each other about hitting. Its really terrific to see this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by jcw218 View Post

Kimbrel was not available due to the passing of his grandfather. Kimbrel left Wednesday morning and will be back Thursday morning. Nothing was mentioned about Kopech. It is an early game on Thursday.
                            Paul Sullivan was promoting Kimbrel to replace Hendriks as closer a few days ago. Could it have something to do with his old Cubbie buddy having a games closed clause in his contract? Man's gotta do his friends a favor once in a while, right?
                            If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

I was very worried about this stretch of games, but almost halfway through and the Sox are playing well and winning . the ball is finding holes, where not long ago it was being caught . i'm being reminded of why Robert is my favorite player . our lineup seems fearsome to me now, and the bullpen is doing it's job . no longer fearful of teams like the Rays and Blue Jays, i say bring em on.

Comment

Working...
                              X