This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 8/13 Bronx Bombers Bomb Our Closers Postgamer

We got problems with the men who are supposed to nail down those games. Oh, and the offense sucked again.

I guess Hendriks was still "amped up" from the Field of Dreams game right?

They did try to make a game of it though, have to give them credit. But again in key spots can not get the big hit.

Seems like no matter what they do, no matter what they try (and they have to be given credit for trying) this bullpen simply can not get the job done on a consistent basis. After four and a half months that apparently isn't going to change no matter who is on the mound.

Try to win the series Sunday guys because the A's are coming in and they are hotter than the Yankees lately.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas35forever View Post
      We got problems with the men who are supposed to nail down those games. Oh, and the offense sucked again.
      Yep.
      The sox put a ton of resources into these supposed high-end relievers.

Comment

Moncada killed us tonight. Time for somebody to wake him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Allen View Post
          Moncada killed us tonight. Time for somebody to wake him up.
          Seems like he's never "right", never healthy, never able to reach his high potential. Like the song from the Dramatics in 1971 said, "Whatcha see is whatcha get..."

Comment

Think Tony would have the stones to go to Kopech if he needed to in October? I heard "vaunted" and "lockdown" being used to describe our pen Thursday night. Don't think so.

Now for the 10th. Some great at bats leading up to Seby, who made game-tying contact, alas at the 1B. TA's at bat? Got a struggling pitcher down 2-0 and instead of letting him hang himself, started trying to pull ball 3 and 4. Hero to chump in the course of one game.

We love this game, right?
            If it's up, put it down. If it's down, put it up.

Comment

I'm not sure if Hendriks was warming before Abreu tied the game or not. But if he was not, Jimenez swung at the next two pitches and grounded out.

So if he wasn't warming already, he had maybe ten pitches total before he had to throw to a hitter. He's not exactly hot at that point and would have had very little time to find his slider.

It was interesting to see La Russa go get him after 13 pitches. I know Hendriks wasn't happy, but it was the right call.

Judge with nine RBIs in two games. I'm really not sure how he can be getting anything to hit right now since he's locked in right now.
              “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Comment

That pitcher the Yankees brought in for the Sixth and 7th was pretty bad a**. And why we keep pitching to 99 is beyond me. Hat tip Yankees. Get em tomorrow. Glass of Falstaff remains half full. 🍺

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMySox View Post
                  That pitcher the Yankees brought in for the Sixth and 7th was pretty bad a**. And why we keep pitching to 99 is beyond me. Hat tip Yankees. Get em tomorrow. Glass of Falstaff remains half full. 🍺
                  I completely agree, start walking Judge more. A LOT more...
                  Riding Shotgun on the Sox Bandwagon since before there was an Internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                    I guess Hendriks was still "amped up" from the Field of Dreams game right?

They did try to make a game of it though, have to give them credit. But again in key spots can not get the big hit.

Seems like no matter what they do, no matter what they try (and they have to be given credit for trying) this bullpen simply can not get the job done on a consistent basis. After four and a half months that apparently isn't going to change no matter who is on the mound.

Try to win the series Sunday guys because the A's are coming in and they are hotter than the Yankees lately.
                    Makes you think "World Series Ready" is only from the delusional.

Big names but unclutch.

Comment

Originally posted by berwyn View Post
                      Think Tony would have the stones to go to Kopech if he needed to in October? I heard "vaunted" and "lockdown" being used to describe our pen Thursday night. Don't think so.

Now for the 10th. Some great at bats leading up to Seby, who made game-tying contact, alas at the 1B. TA's at bat? Got a struggling pitcher down 2-0 and instead of letting him hang himself, started trying to pull ball 3 and 4. Hero to chump in the course of one game.

We love this game, right?
                      Exactly my thoughts. With Hendriks home run rate there is no way he should be touching the 7th-9th innings. Enough with the narrative that he is some lockdown closer. Let Kimbrel take that role and slot Kopech as the set up guy. And this is assuming Kimbrel has the ability to handle the role which he hasn't shown since coming here. Sigh.

Comment

By the Numbers:

Hendriks has allowed seven runs (six earned) and three home runs to the Yankees over 1 1/3 innings in two games. He has given up 11 home runs on the season in 50 innings pitched.

Against the top teams in the A.L. (clubs with winning records as of this writing) the Sox are now 12-16. 2-1 vs. Tampa Bay, 2-2 vs. Boston, 1-4 vs. Yankees, 2-1 vs. Toronto, 2-5 vs. Houston, 3-3 vs. Seattle.

Sox are now 14-14 since the All-Star break.
                        Last edited by Lipman 1; 08-15-2021, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post

Seems like he's never "right", never healthy, never able to reach his high potential. Like the song from the Dramatics in 1971 said, "Whatcha see is whatcha get..."
                          After over 3 years of him I've come to the conclusion that he has and will never live up to the expectations we had of him. I'd like the Sox to trade him in the off season and give the job to Burger or maybe Vaughn could take over at third.
                          Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-15-2021, 07:00 AM.
                          Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Great perspective game for us all. I’da love to sweep these bums, but hopefully come back and take the series today.Gutty effort to get to where they could have tied or won it in the 10th, albeit Plate discipline was lacking.

SMH on Liam… Kimbrel? Doesn’t give one a sense of confidence when these guys grab the ball. Hopefully these guys get their poop together in the next few weeks or we got snookered at the table. I’m chalking this one up to years of Yanks/Sox tilts where those bums always seemed to win a couple of games in this fashion with a big bat or munchkin slitting our throats. To Lips point though, we really need to see where the Sox measure up in the pecking order of the League overall, because we’re in deep and will play these teams when it really matters come crunch time. Let’s not fool ourselves. The Talking Heads didn’t mix any bones when they tongue in cheeked the Sox on National broadcasts. The First Place Sox in the Weakest Division. Gotta get to where we thump some equal competition before any chest puffing is legitimate.

Moncada? Hey, we got some games left to spell him so he can get whatever he needs to do to right in his mind and body. It’s not as though we’d be losing any power numbers at that position at this time. We got the goods with Eloy and Luis, in his case, not so much. Trade him? That’s Hahn’s call. If we can get something for him, sure, make the calls.

Wash the stink off from this one and go get them today.

BK59

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

After over 3 years of him I've come to the conclusion that he has and will never live up to the expectations we had of him. I'd like the Sox to trade him in the off season and give the job to Burger or maybe Vaughn could take over at third.
                              His Gold Glove-level D has saved games this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X