Field of Dreams Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field of Dreams Game

I'm pretty excited about the game tonight.

Other than subjecting me to Joe Buck for 3+ hours, I can't think of a way Major League Baseball can screw this up.
    “It's not the high price of stardom that bothers me...it's the high price of mediocrity." - Bill Veeck

"If I was going to storm a pillbox, going to sheer, utter, certain death, and the Colonel said 'Shepherd, pick six guys", I'd pick six White Sox fans because they have known death every day of their lives and it holds no terror for them." - Jean Shepherd

Originally posted by PaleHoser View Post
    I can't think of a way Major League Baseball can screw this up.
    I can think of a few.

Who's got home plate?
    "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
    -- Thucydides

Comment

Also excited for this game and wish I was going. Think it would be a really cool experience. And I love the uniforms the Sox are wearing tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeFish View Post

I can think of a few.

Who's got home plate?
        Ha! Well played, sir.

2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
        All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
        Posts on old WSI: 7344

Comment

Let's just hope the Sox don't screw it up tonight against another mediocre pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            Let's just hope the Sox don't screw it up tonight against another mediocre pitcher.
            Amen.

Comment

TLR will not be managing tonight

https://www.mlb.com/news/tony-la-rus...of-dreams-game

Comment

Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                Screw what up, exactly? It's a regular season baseball game. What is there to "screw up"? For ****'s sake, this should be a game every Sox fan is looking forward to and excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobo View Post

Screw what up, exactly? It's a regular season baseball game. What is there to "screw up"? For ****'s sake, this should be a game every Sox fan is looking forward to and excited about.
                  I suspect what Lip might have been referencing what the Sox to not perform against another pitcher who isn't exactly top-rated. Especially, on a center-stage TV broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I suspect what Lip might have been referencing what the Sox to not perform against another pitcher who isn't exactly top-rated. Especially, on a center-stage TV broadcast.
                    That's how I understood it also.
                    Bottom line is I don't care if they're playing in an Iowa cornfield or the Los Angeles Coliseum, I just want them to win.
                    Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 08-12-2021, 03:40 PM.
                    Now coming up to bat for the White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

Bottom line is I don't care if they're playing in an Iowa cornfield or the Los Angeles Coliseum, I just want them to win.
                      Huzzah!!!! Even more sweeter cause it’s the Yankmes.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE NELL View Post

I may be wrong, but this team seems to really like the spotlight of a national game. I could see this lineup crushing it tonight

Comment

I can't stand Arod but this pregame is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Longtime: Exactly... thank you...reading comprehension seems to be difficult nowadays.

Comment

Reading comprehension isn't difficult, I knew damn well what Lip was getting at, I just think it's dumb to constantly be negative and expecting the worst, especially when it comes to a game/spectacle like this one. I hope everyone enjoys tonight's game and the Sox win. If they don't, not going to bother me like it will bother some of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X