Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official* 8/10 Willians Whacks White Sox Postgamer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Official* 8/10 Willians Whacks White Sox Postgamer

    That was frustrating. Keuchel was one good pitch away from giving himself and his team a win. Gotta forget about it and try to take the series tomorrow.

  • #2
    At least Cleveland lost but kind of lackadaisical effort overall. The first inning was painful. Like Thomas said take the series tomorrow and hopefully put some more distance between us and the Tribe.

    Comment


    • #3
      The good news: Indians lost, so the Sox magic number is now

      "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
      -- Thucydides

      Comment


      • #4
        The bad news:

        Sox offense got shut down by a bunch of bad pitchers. Eloy, Robert both non-factors. La Russa keeps the #5 starter in the game too long. With the investments the Sox have made in the bullpen, they can and should be a team with a quick hook for SPs.
        "Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but those who stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only after they are ruined."
        -- Thucydides

        Comment


        • #5
          Frustrating that a pitcher with an ERA of almost five and a half shuts down this offense...shades of the Royals.

          Sox are now 2-7 in Keuchel's last nine starts.

          Try to win the series Wednesday because the "gauntlet" is just around the corner.
          Last edited by Lipman 1; 08-10-2021, 11:30 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
            Frustrating that a pitcher with an ERA of almost five and a half shuts down this offense...shades of the Royals.

            Sox are now 2-7 in Keuchel's last nine starts.

            Try to win the series Wednesday because the "gauntlet" is just around the corner.
            TLR is ruminating on Keuchel’s outings and we may see him not getting the innings going forward. Yes, shades of those Muddy Mo meltdowns since the All Star Break. Funny thing is, the brisket eaters are thumping on the Yankmess in their series, so I don’t know what version of the Bronx Bombers we’ll see in Iowa.
            Win today and worry about that tomorrow. We need a nice run to keep us from losing our proverbial poop with these mercurial outcomes.

            BK59

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
              Frustrating that a pitcher with an ERA of almost five and a half shuts down this offense...shades of the Royals.

              Sox are now 2-7 in Keuchel's last nine starts.

              Try to win the series Wednesday because the "gauntlet" is just around the corner.
              He had a few bad outings in that set (6/20 at Houston, 2 2/3 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 3 ER, 4 BB; 7/3 at Detroit, 4 IP, 7 H, 7 R/ER, 3 BB; 7/31 vs. Cleveland, 5 1/3 IP, 5 H, 5 R/ER, 1 BB). Last night looked a lot like his loss to the Royals on 7/26, where he gives up a longball or two but keeps them in the game, and the offense just doesn't produce. Not too many teams win scoring in only one inning, and only getting three hits after the third inning. The eighth was a killer, which was just bad luck.

              Giolito has been as inconsistent as Keuchel this year, and no one has talked about limiting Lucas's innings. Dallas isn't going to blow anyone away with his pitches; he's going to get a lot of ground balls and double plays. He's not going to throw complete game shutouts (he only has 12 CG in his career, and 5 of those were in 2014; only 4 shutouts, the last of which was 2016). His biggest problem last night was the early walks.
              I want my $2

              I wasn't in the last can. I was in the first can. You started at the wrong end. - Tosh

              If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HomeFish View Post
                The good news: Indians lost, so the Sox magic number is now

                HomeFish: I'm enjoying your photo magic number count down.

                2021 Sox Attendance Tracker: 12-6
                All-time Sox Attendance Tracker: 299-253
                Posts on old WSI: 7344

                Comment


                • #9
                  )
                  Originally posted by Lipman 1 View Post
                  Try to win the series Wednesday because the "gauntlet" is just around the corner.
                  I've been so focused on those upcoming games, that i can barely pay attention to the ones that we are playing now . starting Saturday, the next 13 games in a row, are all against extremely good teams, who are all playing well right now, and that don't make the mistakes that bad teams do, and they know how to win . it will be a very good gauge for this White Sox team . to see how they play with the big boys.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zakath View Post

                    He had a few bad outings in that set (6/20 at Houston, 2 2/3 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 3 ER, 4 BB; 7/3 at Detroit, 4 IP, 7 H, 7 R/ER, 3 BB; 7/31 vs. Cleveland, 5 1/3 IP, 5 H, 5 R/ER, 1 BB). Last night looked a lot like his loss to the Royals on 7/26, where he gives up a longball or two but keeps them in the game, and the offense just doesn't produce. Not too many teams win scoring in only one inning, and only getting three hits after the third inning. The eighth was a killer, which was just bad luck.

                    Giolito has been as inconsistent as Keuchel this year, and no one has talked about limiting Lucas's innings. Dallas isn't going to blow anyone away with his pitches; he's going to get a lot of ground balls and double plays. He's not going to throw complete game shutouts (he only has 12 CG in his career, and 5 of those were in 2014; only 4 shutouts, the last of which was 2016). His biggest problem last night was the early walks.
                    What? Sure, Giolito isn't a Cy Young contender this season, but he's been far far better than Keuchel and more consistent.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BigKlu59 View Post

                      TLR is ruminating on Keuchel’s outings and we may see him not getting the innings going forward. Yes, shades of those Muddy Mo meltdowns since the All Star Break. Funny thing is, the brisket eaters are thumping on the Yankmess in their series, so I don’t know what version of the Bronx Bombers we’ll see in Iowa.
                      Win today and worry about that tomorrow. We need a nice run to keep us from losing our proverbial poop with these mercurial outcomes.

                      BK59
                      To be fair though, Kuechel really was getting squeezed by that umpire. Perhaps LaRussa should have brought in someone else to pitch the 6th but he hadn't thrown a lot of pitches to that point. ANd when was the last time you saw a guy hit a home run with one knee on the ground? It was just bad luck more than anything else in my book.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ChiSoxNationPres View Post

                        What? Sure, Giolito isn't a Cy Young contender this season, but he's been far far better than Keuchel and more consistent.
                        Giolitto still is a guy that can rise up and throw pretty much unhittable games. I think he is going to be terrific when the play-offs start. Hopefully Rodon remains an ace because on paper they have a three headed monster of starting pitchers when the real games begin.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X